What is your favorite soup ?

mead107

Forgot to mention..I must be one of the very few that lives in Buffalo and has never had chicken wing soup.

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hope I don't come off as a @Chef Jimuptight Polish type snob (is that even possible).  But I made the spelling correction. 

LoL... Just phu... ing around now. I know you don't mind! ??

It's cool,didn't know Jim is polish.

Just a FYI...Peter K''s closed..he had good old school polish soups.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Forgot to mention..I must be one of the very few that lives in Buffalo and has never had chicken wing soup.

Same here.  But only travel every few months.

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

It's cool,didn't know Jim is polish.

Just a FYI...Peter K''s closed..he had good old school polish soups.

He's most likely not.  I have bad sentence structure too.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

when I was right of college, I would drive from the District go crabbing in the morning in the South River in Annapolis and bring crabs to summer parties..they were free except for the chicken necks used as bait! Back then could get half a bushel in about 90 minutes...and everyone was happy

Our neighbors in our first house in Hilton Head after getting married were all like us....young and poor. The poorest of the crowd was a local youth minister, his wife and 3 boys. A member of his church owned a local marina and felt sorry for this underpaid guy and his family. He was the ONLY one allowed to drop crab traps at the marina. We were all close, and every week or so there would be a quiet knock on the door. We’d go to the door to find nothing but a GIANT cooler fulls of fresh crabs. Even HE could only do so much crab, and he had an unlimited supply.

We were all like Bubba Gump trying to find every conceivable thing you could possibly do with crab meat. Free food back then was a big deal! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the wife and kids love crab legs.   they can enjoy them, I'll just eat whatever else is being cooked  

Wife and I would go out with friends and they would order the  All you can eat crab legs at Red Lobster ..  I'd get a steak. 

Nothing so fun as a good Maryland Blue Crab boil - cover the picnic table with newspaper, and break out the hammers and beer!

Snow Crab, I could eat all night - and always do when in Florida.

56 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Absolutely NO beats in that " White Soup"... If there had been, I probably would have hated it!  Carrots not a prob.  Celery, etc...

It was good cold too.  But the cold potato noodles (almost like little balls)... Would cool it down rapidly.

WTF... Yes, McFly.

What's wrong with "NJ Italian."  I just had Dinner @ Italian Village in Depew with family on Sunday... It was WONDERFUL!  Sorry... It doesn't meet Your standard... But works for this low-brow Pollock.

So what... They call it fazool or baloney.  We all know the difference.  Get over yourself.

To me you sound like an idiot calling the soup Pasta Fazool.   Nothing more nothing less.  Why the hell do you care what I think about other people?  

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

My favorite is Soup du Jour, but it seems to taste different every time I order it.

The sign of a good kitchen is consistency.

...or possibly a lack of imagination. 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

To me you sound like an idiot calling the soup Pasta Fazool.   Nothing more nothing less.  Why the hell do you care what I think about other people?  

I don't care... You're just being snobbish.  It's rude.  Sorry... But a ton of "idiots" call it "pasta fazool"... Just like baloney is interchangeable with bologna... To a lesser extent because it's a negative knock. As I did to imply a knock on your fancy ways.

I am not the one that named it NJ Italian.  Blame the Jersey Shore.

I mean... From My original post it's pretty obvious there is proper Italian and then there is "pasta fazool"... 

It's a commoner soup.  Or was at least first a commoner soup (no meat).  Don't Blue Blood Italian appropriate... Make it sound fancier than it is.  The soup was originally eaten by lower income folks... Basically "idiots" as you would call then. It's Americanized.

Just saying... Next time leave what everybody knows under your Stetson Capt. Obvious. It's not impressive.  So be it an idiot to call it pasta fazool.  A commoner soup appropriated by the hoity toity.  Gee... What a shock.

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

My favorite is Soup du Jour, but it seems to taste different every time I order it.

This is America, speak English.

Sorry, I can't help 

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't care... You're just being snobbish.  It's rude.  Sorry... But a ton of "idiots" call it "pasta fazool"... Just like baloney is interchangeable with bologna... To a lesser extent because it's a negative knock. As I did to imply a knock on your fancy ways.

I am not the one that named it NJ Italian.  Blame the Jersey Shore.

I mean... From My original post it's pretty obvious there is proper Italian and then there is "pasta fazool"... 

It's a commoner soup.  Or was at least first a commoner soup (no meat).  Don't Blue Blood Italian appropriate... Make it sound fancier than it is.  The soup was originally eaten by lower income folks... Basically "idiots" as you would call then. It's Americanized.

Make it sound fancier that it is?  Jesus I'm just teaching people Italian and Culinary Italian to boot. The funniest part of all this is you're wigging out on me after telling me to lighten up.  ***** beautiful! 

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Make it sound fancier that it is?  Jesus I'm just teaching people Italian and Culinary Italian to boot. The funniest part of all this is you're wigging out on me after telling me to lighten up.  ***** beautiful! 

Thanks for the advice, I don't need the advice... Never asked for it.  It's a soup thread for heaven's sake.

Hey Ace... You're not my teacher on how to cook, order or eat NJ Italian. I can read what's in parentheses... LoL 

No wigging out. Just taking umbrage and getting into a pissing contest. Humility is a virtue. All of sudden Chef Jim says to call it by its proper name... You gotta be kidding?  Next time Chefsplain  in someone elses post.  I don't name this stuff... LoL...  It's obvious what the real name is.

You are like Uncle Buggs a real Looney Tune:

Don't screw up Clyde. He'll be fine with out You. You're not an influencer on cooking and the Italian dialect.  LMAO...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

37 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thanks for the advice, I don't need the advice... Never asked for it.  It's a soup thread for heaven's sake.

Hey Ace... You're not my teacher on how to cook, order or eat NJ Italian. I can read what's in parentheses... LoL 

No wigging out. Just taking umbrage and getting into a pissing contest. Humility is a virtue. All of sudden Chef Jim says to call it by its proper name... You gotta be kidding?  Next time Chefsplain  in someone elses post.  I don't name this stuff... LoL...  It's obvious what the real name is.

You are like Uncle Buggs a real Looney Tune:

Don't screw up Clyde. He'll be fine with out You. You're not an influencer on cooking and the Italian dialect.  LMAO...

You deleted Italian Village..you nuts.Hands down..best linguini w/red wine clam sauce in buffalo..period.Also..seeing you get into a girl slap with the tall California guy gets my engine oil worked up....since I would like to take a few sissy queens out on the main board.Punches to the *****in g skull

Edited by Misterbluesky
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I just LOVE this place! Where else can you go from soup to Looney Tunes? You guys and gals are awesome! 

You do know exiled is really West Seneca,right?Go back in time..have you ever met anybody from that area that was ..ya know.

His brother scares the ***** out of me..and we go to the same church.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You do know exiled is really West Seneca,right?Go back in time..have you ever met anybody from that area that was ..ya know.

His brother scares the ***** out of me..and we go to the same church.

I hope you are at least safe in church! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hope you are at least safe in church! 

St.Gabriel's in Elma.Back to soup.We have a flea market in mid summer...massive container of Manhattan Clam chowder is what we make..exiled would guess...200 gallons?

Edited by Misterbluesky