bills must be eyeing a DT

9 hours ago, Chemical said:

The idea you pass on dk metcalf because you signed John Brown is pretty darn funny to me as well. 

While we're at it, the idea you draft a WR at 9 who only ran 9-routes and curls just because he has nice abs and runs fast is pretty darn funny to me.

3 hours ago, Kaenon said:

Need to move up for Oliver in my opinion.

Could be a litte biased based on living in Houston the last few years....

I want Oliver too, but I seriously doubt Beane is trading up for anyone this time around. You never know, though. He moved up twice in round 1 last year, though I really don't think he needed to trade up to get Edmunds. He'd have been there a while longer, IMO.

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

While we're at it, the idea you draft a WR at 9 who only ran 9-routes and curls just because he has nice abs and runs fast is pretty darn funny to me.

What happened to Harrison Phillips and Star? Everyone loved them last year. Beane was a genius for drafting Kyle's replacement a year early and spending 10mil a year to fill the gap left by Dareus.

by the way from Ledyard:

"Route-Running - Let's talk about what is his fault: Metcalf needs to show better attention to detail in his patterns at times, breaking his routes off more exactly, showing a better awareness of the sideline and being more efficient with his footwork. Outside of his control however, is an Ole Miss offense that asked him to predominantly run hitches, curls, comebacks and nine routes, operating only on a vertical plane that made things very simple for defensive backs who had done their tape study. How Metcalf managed his production is a testament to his other-worldly talent in a scheme that didn't make things easy on him."

14 hours ago, Logic said:

Ed Oliver would not surprise me one bit.

Another guy who I know isn't on most people's radar but who has "process" written all over him is Christian Wilkins from Clemson.

These are the two guys I like most at this point in the draft, for the Bills hoping we snag one with that 9th pick!

Edited by billrooter
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Chemical said:

"Route-Running - Let's talk about what is his fault: Metcalf needs to show better attention to detail in his patterns at times, breaking his routes off more exactly, showing a better awareness of the sideline and being more efficient with his footwork. Outside of his control however, is an Ole Miss offense that asked him to predominantly run hitches, curls, comebacks and nine routes, operating only on a vertical plane that made things very simple for defensive backs who had done their tape study. How Metcalf managed his production is a testament to his other-worldly talent in a scheme that didn't make things easy on him."

Personally, I think the reason they had him operate only on a vertical plane is that he lacks change of direction skills. We shall see.

11 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

DT is frickin deep...you can a legit starter in the 2nd & 3rd Rds this year! This offense still doesn't have a legit X receiver. If anything, WR at 9 is looking more & more definite. It's not that many X WR's in the draft, maybe 4-5. 

I still think they go WR early. 1st or definitely 2nd. Unless DK is there or they trade back & get N'Keal Harry.

It’s really deep.....character issues aside, Jerry Tillery is terrific.  May drop to 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  Just not sure what those issues were .  I think Oliver is overrated.  

Edited by Spielman

6 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I'm still thinking, based upon what they did last year, that they will go for the highest ceiling player available.  This may not jive with what most people think of as the BPA.  I think "BPA" has a lot of "BPA who can make an immediate impact as a rookie"- that is not the same thing.  A plug-&-play guy might be an instant starter but never make the pro-bowl multiple years.   We might even see a linebacker or safety taken and the guy (hopefully) might be a star for a decade, while the plug& play guy has faded away.

I think this is good rationale....The players I see that fit this analogy are DK and Oliver where we are picking at 9.  Both could be gone or both could be there.  I am not sure that Beane would gamble on Hockenson that early.  

I would take any one of Williams, Oliver, or Wilkins at 9.  All three would fit in perfectly at 3-tech next to Star.  If we trade back I am fine with taking Lawrence or Simmon in the late first.  If Josh Allen or Montez Sweat are there at 9 they would be very tempting as well to add some explosiveness to our already-sturdy defense.