bills must be eyeing a DT

They are going BPA- if that BPA happens to be a DT so be it.

3 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Why? Look at all the receivers drafted in the top 10 and tell me Metcalf belongs. Sure he looks like great but film shows he’s not. And I’m not just talking stats. 

Metcalf eh not sold

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think assuming what a team does based on a potential need is silly.

Bills could very well draft a WR, DT, TE, T, CB etc.

Depends on the board.

Sure, but you can have different targets in different rounds.  Maybe there’s a DT or two they’d love at 9, but they have contingency plans if they aren’t on the board.  Second round or trade up from there.  

I agree that if we dont trade down, we are going DT at #9 - Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver with Jeffrey Simmons having an outside chance.

If we trade down, we may go TE (Fant) in round 1 and hope to get Jeffrey Simmons, Christian Wilkins or Dre'Mont Jones at #40.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

One thing I’m sure of after all these FA signings is that the Bills will not be drafting 10 players this year.  I think Beane will try to drop back 5-10 slots in the first to secure an extra second round pick, and then package later round picks to move up for more picks in rounds 2-4.

Edited by mannc

10 hours ago, BakersBills said:

havent signed any DT and just seems to make sense at 9.

Ed Oliver.  He is just a fantastic pairing with Star.  Space eater and A. Donald type.  

6 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

I'm thinking Oliver at 9 and Irv Smith Jr in second.  Would not be surprised to see Devin White , Wilkins, Hockenson or Jacobs at 9 either.  All Impact players.  They are definitely in a position to get BPA at 9.  I also think they are thin at LB and need 2 from draft or FA.

totally agree with this.  D. White would be a fantastic addition, or give us the ability to trade down with a team like the Steelers that needs  him.  With White, you are set at LB for 10 years.  With Oliver, or Wilkins in a trade-down, you get an impact DT.  And don't forget about Simmons, who could fall.  

I'd go TE in the 2nd or 3rd.  Irv Smith would be a great addition that is a bit under the radar right now.  

Given how many holes we've addressed... I wouldn't be altogether shocked if we tried to trade up for Quinnen Williams. 

Might just be my biases, but to me there's a lot of question marks around Oliver, Dre'Mont Jones, Wilkins and obviously Simmons is hurt... Williams is the cleanest prospect in the DT group by far...

10 hours ago, BakersBills said:

havent signed any DT and just seems to make sense at 9.

They re-signed J-Phil, not that that should be any indication they are done with the position, but would doubt their eyeing it as a high need.

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

They are going to draft the best player in the highest rated group on the board at their draft position.

If that group contains a DT, then it might be DT, if that group doesn't contain a DT then it won't be a DT.  They are not "eyeing" anyone at this point.

^This - regardless of how the rest of FA goes, or doesn't

I'm still thinking, based upon what they did last year, that they will go for the highest ceiling player available.  This may not jive with what most people think of as the BPA.  I think "BPA" has a lot of "BPA who can make an immediate impact as a rookie"- that is not the same thing.  A plug-&-play guy might be an instant starter but never make the pro-bowl multiple years.   We might even see a linebacker or safety taken and the guy (hopefully) might be a star for a decade, while the plug& play guy has faded away.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm a bit busy at work today, but it is possible to go DT at #9 - what would it cost to move back in RD1 for Hock with our Rd2 pick?

Depending on how far you want to move up. In the teens its for sure your gonna have to give up a 2020 first round pick. To move u to like 31 probably 40 and a 3rd

It is said that Christian Wilkins, despite having elite athleticism, "plays every snap like he's an undrafted free agent trying to make the team", and that he is a culture-changing leader and alpha in the locker room. Also a prototypical 3T. Don't be shocked if he's the Bills' pick come April, whether after a trade-down or not.

• Like (+1) 1