bills must be eyeing a DT

They are going to draft the best player in the highest rated group on the board at their draft position.

If that group contains a DT, then it might be DT, if that group doesn't contain a DT then it won't be a DT.  They are not "eyeing" anyone at this point.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

They are going to draft the best player in the highest rated group on the board at their draft position.

If that group contains a DT, then it might be DT, if that group doesn't contain a DT then it won't be a DT.  They are not "eyeing" anyone at this point.

Pretty cool that BPA last year just happened to be the 2 positions at which they were desperate for starters. 

The Bills are absolutely “eyeing” some number of players. Which ones? I have no idea! But I have a fairly decent idea of the positions. Not as good as last year, when the QBs heading into the draft were Peterman & McCarron, and the MLBs were... no one?

But where things stand now, the Bills have signed 4 OL to potentially starting contracts - at least high end backup $$. Also signed 2 WRs for too much to justify not playing major roles. But no DL to replace Kyle Williams, and our interior/run D was a weakness last year to begin with. Add in that we currently only have 2 TEs on the roster, and the best one is maybe around Clay’s level from 2-3 years ago, and I think that 2 of DT, DE, and TE will be their first 2 picks. Probably DL round 1, TE round 2, with maybe a small trade up for the TE a la Zay Jonesa couple years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Ed Oliver would not surprise me one bit.

Another guy who I know isn't on most people's radar but who has "process" written all over him is Christian Wilkins from Clemson.

I think Gary is also a strong option along with these 2

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

they drafted meatball the 2nd last year in the 3rd round and paid star last year. 

they also paid that other dude from miami this year

I dont see a DT in the near future at all, unless its for depth. 

They have nobody at DT, you named two rotational players.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Im thinking we trade up and go punter/ kicker round 1.  

Humor notwithstanding, punting was a major weakness last season. Sorry, I can’t recall the lone decent punter with a name I couldn’t pronounce anyway, who was chopped at the knees and sent to IR, but he was the only one worthy of being on an NFL roster. That Housch played through pain was evident in his weak performance down the stretch. 

No one is talking kickers from OBD currently, but it was one of -if not THE most glaring weakness last season. Sanborn is under contract but we had no one who was a threat to return kicks. Poor punting contributed to big returns which may not have been entirely the fault of the scapegoat coach, but to date, nothing sans a new coach has been publicly identified as being corrected or changed.

No surprises here. Bumper crop, position of need and McDermott’s area of expertise. Don’t be shocked if we take two. 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

They resigned a DT. Jordan Phillips.

While Phillips is a good signing he is too tall for the interior against the run.