Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it is important to note that Bell's productivity is tied to how good he was behind the steelers OL.....which then turned around and made a unknown RB a name

Now Bell goes to a team with a crappy OL......

James Conner is far from an unknown and was a 3rd round pick.  Also, Crowell averaged 4.8 ypc for the Jets last year.  That’s pretty damn good.

the Steelers definitely have a better oline and one of the best in nfl.  Bell might be a d bag but he is a good player in his own right.  Also, a lot will depend on Darnold as a qb.  His throwing ability can help determine how many defenders Bell sees in the box.  

I wouldnt pay a rb that much money but the Jets have some talent and it’s silly to dismiss them.

39 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

James Conner is far from an unknown and was a 3rd round pick.  Also, Crowell averaged 4.8 ypc for the Jets last year.  That’s pretty damn good.

the Steelers definitely have a better oline and one of the best in nfl.  Bell might be a d bag but he is a good player in his own right.  Also, a lot will depend on Darnold as a qb.  His throwing ability can help determine how many defenders Bell sees in the box.  

I wouldnt pay a rb that much money but the Jets have some talent and it’s silly to dismiss them.

same line resurrected DeAngelo Williams career back in 15. Williams had 900 yds at 4.5 a carry in just 10 starts the year bell missed 10 games. keep in mind Williams was 32 and had averaged just 3.5 ypc the year before in carolina... lets not forget after conner was lighting it up and got hurt the rookie, samuels, came in and ran for 130+ in a game behind said line.....

how many more examples does there need to be? i cant believe anyone that had been close to bell and watched that team over the last 3 years had advised him to sit out. myself and a couple of very close friends that are die hard "stiller" fans said all offseason conner would fill in and most likely produce failry close to bell. bell is a very good overall rb…. but IMO if he doesn't change his style a bit its not gonna work behind a significantly worse line.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

same line resurrected DeAngelo Williams career back in 15. Williams had 900 yds at 4.5 a carry in just 10 starts the year bell missed 10 games. keep in mind Williams was 32 and had averaged just 3.5 ypc the year before in carolina... lets not forget after conner was lighting it up and got hurt the rookie, samuels, came in and ran for 130+ in a game behind said line.....

how many more examples does there need to be? i cant believe anyone that had been close to bell and watched that team over the last 3 years had advised him to sit out. myself and a couple of very close friends that are die hard "stiller" fans said all offseason conner would fill in and most likely produce failry close to bell. bell is a very good overall rb…. but IMO if he doesn't change his style a bit its not gonna work behind a lessor line.

Again, Crowell averaged 4.8 ypc on the Jets last year.  

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

very misleading beings that the dude had one game where he popped off 15 for 219.... 6 of the 13 games he played he had less than 3 ypc…. that's a drastic shift. while i havnt done enough research, i would argue its more than the norm. and the bottom line from my post is that basically any runner the steelers has inserted has come in and posted very good numbers.

i do agree that the jets shouldn't be dismissed... IMO either them or the bills get hot and compete for the division. i think its a good chance one of the 2 makes a wildcard. maybe us, maybe them. not both, but one of the two. i couldn't tell you which.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And yet the Jest weren’t a very good running team as their league rankings reflect. I’ve liked Crowell since he was with the Browns and he can bust a long one on occasion,  but his gaudy 4.8 last year is a bit deceiving. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes because he often pauses at the LOS on run plays - it worked in the Burgh because he has great patience and vision for the holes to open up - if that’s not the case in NJ he will not have the same success as a runner 

He might look a lot more like Shady did last year, either bouncing everything outside, or watching from the sideline....and preferring the sideline.

No hole? Now what? I think I’ll get some water and tend to my hammy. Have to remember which one I “tweaked” in case anyone is paying attention. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So you are saying prior to James Conner getting touches in Pittsburg fans knew who he was?

Cant dismiss any team.....just pointing out that their OL was not good last year and it looks like they made very little effort to upgrade it.

30 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

very misleading beings that the dude had one game where he popped off 15 for 219.... 6 of the 13 games he played he had less than 3 ypc…. that's a drastic shift. while i havnt done enough research, i would argue its more than the norm. and the bottom line from my post is that basically any runner the steelers has inserted has come in and posted very good numbers.

i do agree that the jets shouldn't be dismissed... IMO either them or the bills get hot and compete for the division. i think its a good chance one of the 2 makes a wildcard. maybe us, maybe them. not both, but one of the two. i couldn't tell you which.

No offense but I hate when people do this.  Well if you take away his good plays, he would average 1 ypc.  That’s why it’s an average.

The Jets oline isn’t as good as Pittsburgh but Bell is a better back than the Jets have had and their oline wasn’t as bad as people think.  Honestly, he scares me more as a receiver anyways.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So you are saying prior to James Conner getting touches in Pittsburg fans knew who he was?

Cant dismiss any team.....just pointing out that their OL was not good last year and it looks like they made very little effort to upgrade it.

Um yeah!!! He played at Pitt, was ACC player of the year, 1st team all American, overcame cancer, and was a 3rd pick.  You really never heard of him?  He’s not as explosive as Bell but he was picked because he’s a very good back. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No offense but I hate when people do this.  Well if you take away his good plays, he would average 1 ypc.  That’s why it’s an average.

The Jets oline isn’t as good as Pittsburgh but Bell is a better back than the Jets have had and their oline wasn’t as bad as people think.  Honestly, he scares me more as a receiver anyways.

Um yeah!!! He played at Pitt, was ACC player of the year, 1st team all American, overcame cancer, and was a 3rd pick.  You really never heard of him?  He’s not as explosive as Bell but he was picked because he’s a very good back. 

In all honestly no I missed the info on Conner.....actually I thought he was a Fullback.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

In all honestly no I missed the info on Conner.....actually I thought he was a Fullback.

Gotcha.  I actually followed him a good amount in college (my high school had a rb there who just got drafted this year).  He does look bigger but he was an amazing college player and overcame some very serious things.  Pittsburgh drafted him to be a starting Rb.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Which is why I don’t do it often and went on to say I didn’t do enough research to talk about normal fluctuations. But i think we can both agree that’s large.... Nevermind. We probably can’t. Anyways....

i also knew of conner quite a bit as well. He played highschool ball 15 min from me. I’m with you on how good he was and can be. Had he not gotten sick he an opportunity to be drafted as high as the early 2nd I would guess.  This doesnt discount the guy was relatively green/raw and came in to produce like a top 5 back.... just like deangelo Williams did at 32.... and just like jaylen samuels did as a rookie when conner missed time. 

Isnt it universally regarded the Jets didn’t have a good line? I mean people are coming with names and numbers and all you have to say is.... Crowell.... 4.8. 

Geez man This is honestly sort of a dumb argument though. I’m done with it I suppose. I think he’ll be good there. But he won’t be Pittsburgh good and he won’t fair well if he doesn’t change his style a bit. There a handful of lines in the NFL that his pitter pattering behind the line would work with. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Yeah he had 2 games in which he got almost half his yards and averaged 10 and 14 YPC. 

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That is either very high praise, or a damning indictment.  I’l let you all draw your own conclusions.

I think it's pretty clear what I was trying to say; which is more than I can say for Bell or McKelvin.

• Like (+1) 1