Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

1 minute ago, Say When... said:

Indeed.  there's perceived dysfunction but they have a lot of talent throughout that team, and I still feel Darnold is the gem (polish, potential) of that QB class.

there's a lot of cray-cray from top to bottom in that organization, but it's possible it comes together and for some reason my gut tells me they'll be just lucky enough for it to go the right direction.

I'm thinking that Douglas will be a stabilizing figure if the Johnsons can stay out of the way.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm thinking that Douglas will be a stabilizing figure if the Johnsons can stay out of the way.

Douglas is highly regarded...but he's not a coach.  The hiring of Gase is still a head-scratcher.  Gregggg Williams is only a legend in his own mind.  The team has talent and a young QB who could be pretty good, but their OL is a mess and their defensive secondary outside of Adams is very pedestrian.  They dropped 16% of their cap into a MLB, RB, and aging G.

With the right coaching this team could be good.  I don't think they have it.

17 hours ago, eball said:

Douglas is highly regarded...but he's not a coach.  The hiring of Gase is still a head-scratcher.  Gregggg Williams is only a legend in his own mind.  The team has talent and a young QB who could be pretty good, but their OL is a mess and their defensive secondary outside of Adams is very pedestrian.  They dropped 16% of their cap into a MLB, RB, and aging G.

Wondering how the HC and DC will mesh. I know one thing, if the d has issues, players will revolt against Greg's coaching style by week 6.

35 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Wondering how the HC and DC will mesh. I know one thing, if the d has issues, players will revolt against Greg's coaching style by week 6.

The HC and DC are both huge ego, “don’t blame me” guys known for shirking accountability, and both had units in the bottom 2 or 3 in the league last year respectively so I’m pumped. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Estro said:

That video of Le'Veon should be saved to show the aliens how social media destroyed our society.

That video makes Leodis McKelvin sound like James Earl Jones.

• Haha (+1) 5

17 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Crap o line. Crap lbs. secondary could be ok. Very nice d line.  5 wins 

My theory is that his running style doesn't need a great OL to be productive. I'll probably be proved wrong per usual.

He's been my keeper since his rookie year (and has screwed me over pretty much every year with something lol) on the Steelers OL, so I've been following him closely his whole career, and the OL was considered one of the lesser units in the league. They weren't at all what they are now. He did have a bit low YPC, like 3.5, but I saw the Steelers running him into the ground and saw fantasy gold in one of the few NFL bellcow RBs. Plus the receptions.. he's better than many WR1's on several teams when he lines up wide. If the OC knows what he's doing, I figure he'll be 1000-1200 rushing, 500-800 receiving, he never got a lot of TDs.

Keeping him this year, hoping the Jets get a lot out of him and lose a lot along the way. Not a fan of playing AFCE guys but what can ya do. 

I'm sympathetic with how last year panned out. The guy knows exactly that teams want to run their RBs on 1st contracts to the ground and get all the mileage they can. It's the last position I'd recommend to play given the beating you take, the limited mileage on your legs, and the short shelf life.. possibly one good 2nd contract if you're lucky. Man's doing 400 touches a year and not getting the contract he wants. And I don't think he went into the season planning to not suit up week 12. But with everything that happened over the course of the year, the last thing a RB wants is to have any notion his big guys in the trenches aren't having his back. Then he lost all that money eventually going to the Jets, and some in the media were downright gloating at his gall to do what he did. Sounds extremely frustrating. 

There should be like.. special salary caps for rookie RB contracts given that unlike the loads of money the Rams p**sed away on Sam Bradford waiting for him to pan out, RB's usually play to their draft position and have their best years in those first 5.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

On 7/22/2019 at 2:42 PM, eball said:

We shall see.  Strong up the middle.  Bad DBs but very good safeties.  OL iffy at best but Osemele should make it better.  They had a lot of cap room.  Mac was trying to save his job so I guess he thought he had to use it somewhere.

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it is important to note that Bell's productivity is tied to how good he was behind the steelers OL.....which then turned around and made a unknown RB a name

Now Bell goes to a team with a crappy OL......

Good point. The Jest couldn’t run the ball last year and I don’t think adding Osemele is all of a sudden gonna transform them into a rushing power house. I can see Bell getting frustrated early when he realizes this ain’t the Steelers line he was used to.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it is important to note that Bell's productivity is tied to how good he was behind the steelers OL.....which then turned around and made a unknown RB a name

Now Bell goes to a team with a crappy OL......

Yes because he often pauses at the LOS on run plays - it worked in the Burgh because he has great patience and vision for the holes to open up - if that’s not the case in NJ he will not have the same success as a runner