Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

Bitching about voluntary workouts always reminds me of that scene in Office Space about "Pieces of Flare." If you want me to wear 20 pieces why not make the minimum 20? If it is truly voluntary then you have the option to not show up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Bitching about voluntary workouts always reminds me of that scene in Office Space about "Pieces of Flare." If you want me to wear 20 pieces why not make the minimum 20? If it is truly voluntary then you have the option to not show up. 

They have the option because it’s written into the CBA, not because it is considered a best practice. There is so little time anymore in TC to prepare for the season. Because the jets have a new head his head, they are given a little extra time as well. They are given that opportunity to build chemistry as a team. He’s declining. If he’s not  interested in that part, it may not hurt the team but it certainly won’t help. 

8 minutes ago, Nester said:

They should stop calling the voluntary if they are going to cry if you opt not to go.

The NFL and the NFLPA aren’t the ones crying. They are the ones that call it voluntary.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have the option because it’s written into the CBA, not because it is considered a best practice. There is so little time anymore in TC to prepare for the season. Because the jets have a new head his head, they are given a little extra time as well. They are given that opportunity to build chemistry as a team. He’s declining. If he’s not  interested in that part, it may not hurt the team but it certainly won’t help. 

The NFL and the NFLPA aren’t the ones crying. They are the ones that call it voluntary.

I understand it not being a good look esp with those circumstances. But the whole mandatory but not mandatory concept behind voluntary workouts is funny to me because some coaches basically make it unofficially mandatory. 

15 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I understand it not being a good look esp with those circumstances. But the whole mandatory but not mandatory concept behind voluntary workouts is funny to me because some coaches basically make it unofficially mandatory. 

I think the importance is that players can't be fined/punished for not attending if it's called voluntary.

Personally, I think this does not look good for Bell and looks worse for Gase.  I couldn't be happier.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/7/2019 at 10:50 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

When it comes to voluntary workouts, New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell said on Monday that he knows what "works for me to be the best player I can be."

Bell took to social media to respond to a question about when he's going to attend practice after skipping some voluntary workouts: "When it's time to play football...l got to stick to the formula that I know works for me to be the best player I can be...l'm not just tryna win football games, I want a ring! I want to desperately show everybody what I can what I can REALLY do...I'll take the heat right now, everybody will forget about that once January comes around.

LOL

Code for: "When I can work off my year off weight...." 

Image result for fat cheeseburger guy

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He sat out and got less money than he'd originally turned down.  I think he's already proven that it WAS a mistake.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

He sat out and got less money than he'd originally turned down.  I think he's already proven that it WAS a mistake.

Plus he talks about wanting a ring, but goes from Pittsburgh (playoff team nearly every year) to the Jets longest playoff drought in the AFC east.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Big C said:

It could go either way. 

Their OL stinks but Bell's pass-catching and Darnold's mobility should mitigate that somewhat.   They are strong up the middle defensively.  Much like the Bills, it all depends on whether their QB takes a leap forward.

7 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Maybe I'm nuts but I think the Jets are going to be pretty good this season.

Indeed.  there's perceived dysfunction but they have a lot of talent throughout that team, and I still feel Darnold is the gem (polish, potential) of that QB class.

there's a lot of cray-cray from top to bottom in that organization, but it's possible it comes together and for some reason my gut tells me they'll be just lucky enough for it to go the right direction.