Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No answer yet?

Ah, well. Trolls gonna troll I suppose :lol:

i assume he got caught up with work, but i'm not sure.  he won't let us know anything about him.  age, work, family, etc.  we just don't know what makes scotty tick.  

34 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

I feel for Bell. It was always going to be difficult to recoup that 14 million, and I hope his agent was honest about that. I hope that he did this as much out of principle as he did for money. It really isn't right that a premier player in a position that ages out of their prime by around 28 is handcuffed to a rookie contract on top of the possibility of multiple franchise tags almost entirely through their prime, killing chances of ever getting a long term, big $$$ contract. 

The players need to stand up for themselves in the next collective bargaining go-around. 

This article is a pretty good feel good piece.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2019/3/13/18263367/leveon-bell-new-york-jets-gamble-new-contract-steelers-holdout

Tldr: he got what he wanted. And he will be ridiculed for not getting all the money he could have. But he burned his own money willingly and did it for a reason. It's his money to earn and lose.

Really no reason for ripping him over what any financial advisor will recommend to someone in a very precarious profession. Sorry Bell is fiscally responsible. Or that that seems to irk people for some dumb reason.

I see zero character problems with what went down. How many rookie holdouts do we see over the most frivolous things? Like Joey Bosa with the Chargers. This held much more weight

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

We only paid 8 million less for a center

Who is their center?  Have to imagine they draft Bradbury.

45 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

I feel for Bell. It was always going to be difficult to recoup that 14 million, and I hope his agent was honest about that. I hope that he did this as much out of principle as he did for money. It really isn't right that a premier player in a position that ages out of their prime by around 28 is handcuffed to a rookie contract on top of the possibility of multiple franchise tags almost entirely through their prime, killing chances of ever getting a long term, big $$$ contract. 

The players need to stand up for themselves in the next collective bargaining go-around. 

Yes I feel bad for a guy that is going to make 52mil for 4 years of work.?

7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I take it Joe and dev/null aren't fully functional anymore.  Sad.  I've heard there's medication for those sorts of problems. 

fully functional, and programmed in multiple techniques

Edited by /dev/null
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Have you paid attention to the production of anyone that has ran behind the Steelers line over the last 4-5 years?  I’m not trying to be a jerk I’m just asking. 

An over the hill deangelo Williams was resurrected behind it. A couple years later Conner produced big time. When he goes down a mid round rookie steps in a rushes for 130 in a game last year. 

Bell isn’t gonna be the same back without it. He’s very good. I’m never happen when a talented player is landed by a rival.  But the jets line isn’t in the same stratosphere as the Steelers. 

My point is he might not the Bell we saw in Pittsburgh, but he is a major improvement on I. Crowell....or C. West etc....by reading some of the comments, you'd think a back like Bell is easily found...he's good...really good...

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No because I won’t do a mock draft without him in it 

With the QB's moving up the draft board, would you rather Oliver at 9 or Josh Allen at 5 (trade up using our 3rd)

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the QB's moving up the draft board, would you rather Oliver at 9 or Josh Allen at 5 (trade up using our 3rd)

I would stay at 9 and take Oliver. My man is the next Aaron Donald. He would launch this defense into the next level 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Does that necessarily make it harder on the offensive line? Genuine question. Watching Bell run seems like the DL have to stay very disciplined and see where the gaps are growing.. looks like it has an element of pass blocking to it.

I just watched a video analysis of his running style in a Steelers Bills game. He obviously hits the hole hard when he has it. But he had a lot of chunk yardage plays where he intentionally lets the protection break down while he pivots to a good spot to counter over aggressive defenders.

Be interesting how his style works with a crap OL. He obviously benefits as much as anyone from a good push. But it'd be scary if he's more independent from weak OL play than most RBs.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Thank you (+1) 1