Le’Veon Bell Signinig With the Jets

sven233

I’m actually more happy they missed out on Paradis than being upset they got Bell.

I wanted Bell and I don’t know how close we were in negotiations and interest, but RB’s are easier to find than any other position in football.

We just need to bulk up our defensive line, and if there’s a LB capable of running with Bell, it’s Edmunds.

Edited by CajunBillsBacker

4 hours ago, NickelCity said:

C'mon, he's a great back. Jets got a player. That's how it goes, let's beat em anyway. 

Yep, this is really all there is to it.  I'll be curious to see what sort of motivation Bell brings to the field, though.  He lost the game of chicken he was playing -- got splattered by the oncoming vehcle, actually -- and I wonder if the "want to" is really there.

The Jets will be a factor if Darnold takes the next step -- that's the key to it all.  Just like the Bills and Allen.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Way more than the 17 milion guranteed Pittsburgh apparantly offered.  He still passed on $14.5 million last year so it may be close to a wash.

Steelers offered 33 mill guaranteed. He got 2 mill more gtd from Jets,  but lit 14.5 on fire by sitting out. He got played. His agent should be fired. And apparently it truly was only the Jets offering him the whole time. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-turned-down-a-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/amp/

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, sven233 said:

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 5s5 seconds ago

Former Steelers’ RB Le’Veon Bell plans to sign with…the New York Jets, a league source tells ESPN

And the wait is finally over.....

Pretty blah.......  Not really concerned about him at all.  Hopefully they paid him a ton.....

good they can blow their cap on the shiny object.   this is a passing league.  they still don't have any WRs who scare me even a little

5 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Look at the sales. Sony kicked Microsoft's ass this generation...

Yea Reed that was my original point. But screw that, here's a better one lol. It's like Mayfield & Darnold got steak & lobster...& we got really good pizza. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, sven233 said:

He took a pay cut by taking last year off and not signing the contract that the Steelers originally offered.  He deserved it.

He has ended up losing a bunch of money by sitting out and turning down the last offer from the Steelers.  It will be interesting to see how good he really is without the Pittsburgh o-line.  James Connor and Curtis Samuel looked pretty good running behind that line.  I'm not surprised that no team wanted to give him a contract to equal or exceed the Gurley deal.  I'm really glad that the Bills have stayed away from the Bell and AB drama queens.

Bills fans are comedy gold with a hint of bipolar i swear... I see a bunch of people wanting Bell then Bell signs with the Jets and now it's, he's not that scary lol...

My take is the Jets got themselves a bonafide back and Osemele was a great pickup... They still have their 3rd overall pick also... We did good ourselves and I believe Beane still has 1 major trade/pickup left in him before we're done with Free Agency but to just discount the Jets totally for the moves they made is just ridiculous... The Jets got better... This you can't deny...

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

He turned down 5/70.

Then missed a season (and 14.5 million)

Now might make 52.5 (potentially 61)

Thats a loss.

Plus he’s 27 with 1,500+ touches and a missed season under his belt.

Good player, but he’s a RB. And his backup in Pitt just stepped in and basically replicated his production (before injury).

The Jets can have him.

I’ll add in turning down the chance to play out your career in a city of legends that would embrace him in Pittsburgh. Legacy type stuff. 

Worse team, WAY worse Oline, and probably less long term money. 

Solid move, bell. Lolol

10 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Bills fans are comedy gold with a hint of bipolar i swear... I see a bunch of people wanting Bell then Bell signs with the Jets and now it's, he's not that scary lol...

My take is the Jets got themselves a bonafide back and Osemele was a great pickup... They still have their 3rd overall pick also... We did good ourselves and I believe Beane still has 1 major trade/pickup left in him before we're done with Free Agency but to just discount the Jets totally for the moves they made is just ridiculous... The Jets got better... This you can't deny...

On paper? Yes.

LB has been out of football for a year. It also seems the Jets were bidding against themselves, dumb asses.They are the Jets, they will always suck.

There are a lot of knee jerk, big splash by name type of fans here. Most do not know ***** about the dynamics of the sport.

Everyone wants their team in the media spotlight.

These type of free agents rarely make a splash. LB is a stupid man. He will never make up for the lost season. There will be problems in New Jersey with him.

This fan was never enamored with Bell, I’m not enamored with any RB, or receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1