The future finally is now in Buffalo

TigerJ

Free agency has clinched it.  Buffalo is ready to win now.  Beane may have claimed he was going to be judicious, and in many ways he has with some of his signings, but just the sheer number of decent quality guys says the Bills are going after the playoffs in the 2019 season and maybe the AFC East crown.  It should be a fun season guys and gals.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TigerJ said:

Free agency has clinched it.  Buffalo is ready to win now.  Beane may have claimed he was going to be judicious, and in many ways he has with some of his signings, but just the sheer number of decent quality guys says the Bills are going after the playoffs in the 2019 season and maybe the AFC East crown.  It should be a fun season guys and gals.

I think he was pretty judicious with it I mean he has to spend a lot of it.

Can’t wait to see who they pick in the draft. This team is getting a huge make-over. Hopefully McD can bring them together to play as one team. It may take a bit of time for the chemistry of the various units to gel. 

11 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Can’t wait to see who they pick in the draft. This team is getting a huge make-over. Hopefully McD can bring them together to play as one team. It may take a bit of time for the chemistry of the various units to gel. 

My concern is that McD isn't the guy who is going to get the most out of this team.  Sorry.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

My concern is that McD isn't the guy who is going to get the most out of this team.  Sorry.

Are you being sarcastic? 

McD got us to the playoffs getting the most out of some bush league squad inherited from Rex Ryan. If anything, he gets his players to overachieve if anything. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’m 50/50 on him myself.

I like a lot about him but he also drives me insane sometimes with his conservative mindset.

He has finally got a bit of talent around him so let’s see what he does in year 3.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Are you being sarcastic? 

McD got us to the playoffs getting the most out of some bush league squad inherited from Rex Ryan. If anything, he gets his players to overachieve if anything. 

McD started Peterman and played for a tie in OT. He shipped guys out instead of coaching them.  He doesn’t get a pass on anything. He needs to show he can coach this year and do it without Kyle around.

• Like (+1) 2

Whether the moves have moved Buffalo into the Top 6 of AFC remains to be seen.  Frankly I still have them 9th or 10th in AFC.

But that’s not the point.

these moves are a big breath of fresh air in that they are removing of reason for excuses and putting great expectation on their backs for 2019.

The number 1 thing I was looking for was to go into 2019 without having to hear:

well allen can’t be judge because he doesn’t have so and so.

mccoy can’t be judged because they don’t have so and so.

mcdermott can’t be judge because they don’t have so and so.

no more they can’t be judged because they are lacking something.

There is enough here now to win.  It should be expected and that’s refreshing because it just cuts to the chase quicker if they don’t.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Are you being sarcastic? 

It's fair to criticize McD.

He's has a pathetic 10-15 record since a quick 5-2 start in his first season............included in there numerous massive blowout losses...........including the Peterman catastrophe's........and he's somehow managed the near impossible by raising the bar for a Bills coach being uncompetitive against Bill Belichick.  

He and Beane have shown an ability to self-evaluate wrt personnel and then make changes so hopefully there are no more Peterman's in his future and he figures out how to stop reflexively bending over at mere the sight of BB and the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I think he was pretty judicious with it I mean he has to spend a lot of it.

Not really, you have to average 89% of your cap space over 3 consecutive seasons.  So this is 2019 we have to be at or over 89% for 2017 2018 2019.  Since we were pretty much completely topped off of cap in 2017 and 2018 we really could have held onto 40 million or so and still easily cleared the mandatory cap spending

I feel good about raising the median talent level of the team. We're going to have better depth and more competent starters than we've had in some time. However, I think we'll need to see a real playmaker join us, either through FA or the draft. I suppose one of the young guys could emerge as a difference maker as well. 

• Like (+1) 1