Unreliable Accounts For Bills News and Rumors

I’ve been surprised to see the tremendous amount of fake information about the Bills and Free Agency over the past few days.

The first one is a Bills Fans Page of Facebook that has about 30,000 members.  They are constantly promoting a low rent fan blog called 716SportsPost.com.  They don’t report anything of note themselves and instead paraphrase what other reporters aboard.  

I’m also going to lump a blogger named Kevin Massare here too.  He throws out all kind of “insider” information and it seems like a lot of it never comes to fruition.  Here is one example:

On Twitter, there is a group of trolls called GGSN posing as a news outlet.  It’s a group of trolls (or 1 trolls with multiple accounts) trying to be funny.  They’ll post ridiculous information about the Bills and you wouldn’t believe how many legit buy into them.   It’s pretty obvious it’s a troll account but they’ll often throw out rumors and get some traction 

Any other sites out there?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

And most people on here eat it up like it’s gospel 

Its not just here....it’s Bills fans in general on social platforms who are so easily conned by this type of thing.  Just look how 1 fake Twitter account with a name that sounds like a media outlet fabricated a rumor about Clowney.  So many fans bought it and some are discussing it now in the forum

Just now, BillyWhiteShows said:

Its not just here....it’s Bills fans in general on social platforms who are so easily conned by this type of thing.  Just look how 1 fake Twitter account with a name that sounds like a media outlet fabricated a rumor about Clowney.  So many fans bought it and some are discussing it now in the forum

6 pages lol

The latest rumor is that Josh Allen is the favorite heading into training camp to be the starter at QB on opening weekend.  I wouldn't put much stock in that since it is just a rumor but who knows.

3 hours ago, sven233 said:

Kevin Massare has never gotten anything right.  Just a terrible "source" and just makes stuff up all the time.

Pretty much this. I have been tweeting at him for two days to actually give some concrete info about his trade rumor and crickets. Guys like that try to become "known" by tweeting vague predictions and jumping up and down if something tangentially related to their post happens. If nothing happens they always blame sources or say something fell apart.