John Miller - Sigh

4 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

You would pick him over Reich?  Payton? Nagy? Even  Pete Carrol or McVay?  No you wouldn't, because that would be silly.

Yes, no, maybe, yes, no. 

So you don't actually think he should have been COTA after all.

The fact that Lynn would send Miller to the Pro Bowl should otherwise convince you that A Lynn isn't special.

Just now, Turk71 said:

He was the Bills 2nd highest rated lineman behind Dawkins last year on pff and their best guard by a longshot, sad as that may be. 

Depending on how Teller handles the competition in camp, Dawkins may be the only OL starter from 2018 to start on opening day.  

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

Changes of schemes and he just never seemed (to me) to have the drive and work ethic to be good.

He was given enough playing time where he can't say he wasn't given a fair shot. Dude just regressed badly under the nee regime and never really caught back up.

14 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Depending on how Teller handles the competition in camp, Dawkins may be the only OL starter from 2018 to start on opening day.  

I still think Teller can develop into a solid starter, he was only a rookie on a poorly coached line without any great mentors. I don't know if that is this year but I fully expect him to be on the roster. Ducasse should be gone I think.

14 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Dawk and Shady will be the only offensive starters from opening day 2018 to be starting next year.

Eh, I assume Zay will still be a starter as well, but certainly we'll see how the competition shakes out.

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would be happy to have Miller back. He is better than anyone on the roster now including Long and Feliciano.  Beane overspent on both so I doubt they bring back Miller. I expect they will add another C/G in round 4 or 5

My guess is that you haven’t watched much game film last 2 years?

I was one of the many who couldn’t understand how Vlad was ahead of Miller in preseason, and then I focused on Miller on replays, and didn’t question the decision anymore.  Miller has been awful in the last two seasons

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GG said:

My guess is that you haven’t watched much game film last 2 years?

I was one of the many who couldn’t understand how Vlad was ahead of Miller in preseason, and then I focused on Miller on replays, and didn’t question the decision anymore.  Miller has been awful in the last two seasons

I watched plenty. None of them are even average but Miller was the best last year.  Teller was the worst but he needed to play after they were eliminated. Miller didnt even dress for most games in 2017 so obviously you didnt watch much game film. Castillo chose Ducasse over Miller, but Miller was a better player than Ducasse in 2018. Not by much but still better.   

I will be honest I didnt watch Spencer Long with the Jets but everything Iread said he was garabge as a center and only marginally better as a guard.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Zay is most likley not going to get out of training camp if he makes it that far. My hunch is he is traded for a 2020 6th round pick

Sure, but that's not based on anything real.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Changes of schemes and he just never seemed (to me) to have the drive and work ethic to be good.

well....a) he was stricken with some bad stuff in his personal life  b) he then switched schemes under juan and...c) he was stuck next to mills

i feel bad for him. he was a 3rd rd. pick that spent his college career at lg. i thought he could turn into a reuben brown there but never got the chance i guess.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

well....a) he was stricken with some bad stuff in his personal life  b) he then switched schemes under juan and...c) he was stuck next to mills

i feel bad for him. he was a 3rd rd. pick that spent his college career at lg. i thought he could turn into a reuben brown there but never got the chance i guess.

He got tons of chances to start. Whatever the reasons are, he didn't capitalize on them. It's on him.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would be happy to have Miller back. He is better than anyone on the roster now including Long and Feliciano.  Beane overspent on both so I doubt they bring back Miller. I expect they will add another C/G in round 4 or 5

To give you an idea of how wrong you are about Miller he gave up 33 QB pressures last year vs Wyatt Teller who only allowed 8 pressures in 8 games.

Buffalo graded as one of the worst run blocking units in the NFL in 2018 (30th)and run blocking is Miller's strong suit and yet he graded at (54.2). His real issue is he is slow to come out of his stance and can get manhandled. 

If the guy was worth a damn he would have been resigned by the Bills, simple as that. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Dawk and Shady will be the only offensive starters from opening day 2018 to be starting next year.

....anywhere in the league. 

Which is what I was saying at the time when people were calling for Roman's head.