John Miller - Sigh

5 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

He had the second most votes for CoTY

Nagy earned the accolade with 24 votes. Anthony Lynn (10), Frank Reich (8), Andy Reid (5), Pete Carroll (2) and Sean Payton (1) also had votes.

That's nice.

Reich did far more with less.  You could argue that Carroll did as well.  Reid getting  any votes proves the lunacy of some of the voters.

Go back and review the end of the season and tell us how Lynn was doing COTY stuff down that stretch.  This isn't hard, really. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's nice.

Reich did far more with less.  You could argue that Carroll did as well.  Reid getting  any votes proves the lunacy of some of the voters.

Go back and review the end of the season and tell us how Lynn was doing COTY stuff down that stretch.  This isn't hard, really. 

Oh okay voter lunacy and a 5-1 record down the stretch. I get it. He must suck.

You're being ridiculous right now haha. Just playing contrarian and doubling down on it. I can respect that.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

21 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

For his choke job in week 16 against the Ravens (at home) to lock up the top seed in the AFCE...or the humiliating dismantling by the patriots in the playoffs?

Lynn is just another in a long line of Chargers HCs that win a lot of games, but not the ones that count.

You would pick him over Reich?  Payton? Nagy? Even  Pete Carrol or McVay?  No you wouldn't, because that would be silly.

So at what point is the issue the common guy on the field?  (Phillip Rivers)

10 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Idk but winning with the Chargers and joining the ranks of Marty Schottenheimer apparently means bad coach haha. 

We're getting Skip Bayless'd right now. Accomplishments are bad in this world of reverse logic

12 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Oh okay voter lunacy and a 5-1 record down the stretch. I get it. He must suck.

You're being ridiculous right now haha. Just playing contrarian and doubling down on it. I can respect that.

I'm not asking you to answer a difficult question.  But since you won't, I'll stop asking. 

12 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

I've been very vocal about Rivers being a legendary choker---the ancient Mayans set their crop harvesting calendar by his annual playoff choke jobs.

But with the AFC #1 seed on the line and a home game against  Baltimore to lock it up and you gag on that?  And then put together that mess of an offense in the wild card game to squeak by sot they could be embarrassed by NE.

Regular season wins are very nice.  Ask Andy Reid or Marvin Lewis. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not asking you to answer a difficult question.  But since you won't, I'll stop asking. 

what are you asking?? I'm not going to define a coach's career by your logic that a whole coach's body of work goes out the window if he loses to Lamar Jackson's Ravens haha.

Nagy lost to the Giants down the stretch! I get that Lamar Jackson's playoff Ravens team is the worst team in history for you.. it's not to me, they went 6-2 lol.

Just throw us a bone and say he's overrated.. at least acknowledge the man is RATED, regarded highly by others but just not you. Because he lost to the Ravens, made adjustments, and later beat them in the playoffs. Your take is piping hot, you're not asking a question lol just have a take.

And then we're doubling down to say Andy Reid didn't have a great year either haha. What are we doing here WEO. Where does McDermott rank to these guys losing to the Ravens.. I'd love if he goes 12-4 next year and unfortunately gets outcoached by the Ravens in the playoffs. Would be a superb season. But regular season wins don't matter.. just regular season losses to Lamar Jackson I guess.

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

what are you asking?? I'm not going to define a coach's career by your logic that a whole coach's body of work goes out the window if he loses to Lamar Jackson's Ravens haha.

Nagy lost to the Giants down the stretch! I get that Lamar Jackson's playoff Ravens team is the worst team in history for you.. it's not to me, they went 6-2 lol.

Just throw us a bone and say he's overrated.. at least acknowledge the man is RATED, regarded highly by others but just not you. Because he lost to the Ravens, made adjustments, and later beat them in the playoffs. Your take is piping hot, you're not asking a question lol just have a take.

Yes, he's very overrated.  Initially I was scoffing at a poster's claim that he should have COTY.  There's no way that he should. 

"Made adjustments"?  Yeah, he activated the kicker---5 FGs!  1 TD.   And epically bad Jackson nearly brought the Ravens back in the 4th Q!  The Chargers offense was sleep walking through that game.   Lynn must have been preparing them for their slaughter by NE.

That's some great adjusting.  Great coaching. 

You win!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, he's very overrated.  Initially I was scoffing at a poster's claim that he should have COTY.  There's no way that he should. 

"Made adjustments"?  Yeah, he activated the kicker---5 FGs!  1 TD.   And epically bad Jackson nearly brought the Ravens back in the 4th Q!  The Chargers offense was sleep walking through that game.   Lynn must have been preparing them for their slaughter by NE.

That's some great adjusting.  Great coaching. 

You win!!

awesome. Let's track Lamar Jackson's Ravens next year and see how many coach's entire career he and John Harbaugh ruin. That team must be a lock for 0-16 lol.

55 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

awesome. Let's track Lamar Jackson's Ravens next year and see how many coach's entire career he and John Harbaugh ruin. That team must be a lock for 0-16 lol.

Look up....something keeps flying over your head.

But at least we agree that he's over rated and not a realistic COTY candidate last year.  Let's rest on that..

Edited by Mr. WEO

John Miller set to visit Bengals

Posted by Josh Alper on March 14, 2019, 9:02 AM EDT

The Bengals picked up tackle Cordy Glenn from the Bills last offseason and one of Glenn’s former teammates is set to visit with the team on Thursday. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that guard John Miller will be in Cincinnati to meet with the team.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:54 PM, HansLanda said:

I know - but seemed like a promising longterm guard...and either didn't adapt to new schemes and/or staff? Just seems like a complete waste yet someone that had NFL starting talent. 

Yeah i'm with you on this - seemed like he was a hard worker and consistent performer.  Guys like this are always a mystery to me, kind of reminds me of Damien Covington at LB years ago who showed flashes early on then became persona non grata