This is FA ***** awesome

Virgil

I just want to stop for a moment and appreciate this FA period and what the NFL and the Bills have grown into.  Just the trades, the money being thrown around, the head scratching moves, etc....

• 2 of the arguably top 5 (maybe 3) were actually traded
  • we are in talks to possibly trade for Clowney
  • I'm not going to google names, but the trades from KC today.  The trades between Oakland this whole past 6 months
  • The Bills having a plan, sticking to it, and actually delivering
  • The Jets getting shunned by Barr

I feel like everyone probably has their own favorite moments.  But I love how active the board it.  I love the happiness, the arguments, the race to see who can post a transaction first.  But overall, I love that the Bills don't seem like they are playing catch up.  They are making smart, calculated moves.  They are improving their offense and structuring deals that takes advantage of their cap space for the next few years.  

I love it!

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I just want to stop for a moment and appreciate this FA period and what the NFL and the Bills have grown into.  Just the trades, the money being thrown around, the head scratching moves, etc....

• 2 of the arguably top 5 (maybe 3) were actually traded
  • we are in talks to possibly trade for Clowney
  • I'm not going to google names, but the trades from KC today.  The trades between Oakland this whole past 6 months
  • The Bills having a plan, sticking to it, and actually delivering
  • The Jets getting shunned by Barr

I feel like everyone probably has their own favorite moments.  But I love how active the board it.  I love the happiness, the arguments, the race to see who can post a transaction first.  But overall, I love that the Bills don't seem like they are playing catch up.  They are making smart, calculated moves.  They are improving their offense and structuring deals that takes advantage of their cap space for the next few years.  

I love it!

The NFL is as entertaining as ever. If they just stopped shooting themselves in the foot w.r.t. rules and zebras...

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

The NFL is as entertaining as ever. If they just stopped shooting themselves in the foot w.r.t. rules and zebras...

Meanwhile the NBA is dissolving into a festival of drama queens running the league as the games are ignored in-season.

There's a reason Adam Silver has not replaced Goodell....

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Damn, the popo got me

• Haha (+1) 2

There have been more player trades during the pre free agency period than there used to be in the entire league year.

Its like one day a GM woke up a few years ago and read the rules and saw they could trade for players outside the draft...then actually did...other GMs were stunned and all were on the phone with each other like "wait a minute...we can actually do that??"...then the trading floodgates opened where the NFL actually makes trades like every other sports league now

Edited by matter2003

Bills have had an off season like I have not seen since 88. They have been making a splash in FA and they did these things too:

MARCH
  • 03/12

Signed CB Kevin Johnson to a one-year deal.

• 03/05

Re-signed DT Jordan Phillips to a one-year deal.

FEBRUARY
  • 02/21

Re-signed LB Deon Lacey to a one-year contract.

• 02/12

Signed C/G Spencer Long to a three-year contract and signed CB Lafayette Pitts to a one-year extension.

JANUARY
  • 01/28

Signed long snapper Reid Ferguson to a three-year contract extension.

• 01/16

Signed LB Lorenzo Alexander to a one-year contract. Signed G/T Jeremiah Sirles to a one-year contract.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

There have been more player trades during the pre free agency period than there used to be in the entire league year.

Its like one day a GM woke up a few years ago and read the rules and saw they could trade for players outside the draft...then actually did...other GMs were stunned and all were on the phone with each other like "wait a minute...we can actually do that??"...then the trading floodgates opened where the NFL actually makes trades like every other sports league now

It seemed like the Bills started it a couple years ago with the trades of Watkins and Darby, etc..  An actual trade during the season for Benjamin.