Report - Bills talking to Hou for Clowney

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, BakersBills said:

i think hes a bit overrated, better run defender then pass rusher.

id rather have a stud pass rusher.

Le'Veon Bell is a guarantee twice a year now. Now it makes even more sense.

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

For perspective, here’s our own Ty Nsekhe OWNING Clowney. 

No thanks.

I have to say...And I've always taken crap for it from some of my amateur Scouting buddies...But I was never real big on Clowney...I even thought Greg Robinson was a better prospect in their Draft...I admit I was probably wrong about that...But I still have not warmed to Clowney overall...

Yes he has absolutely amazing ability, and he's good for a couple highlight plays every week...But he also disappears...He did in College too...And 29 sacks in his last 58 games? Playing on that line? I mean...That's certainly OK...But it's no where even remotely close to what he was supposed to be...Miles Garrett has 20.5 sacks in his first 27 games, and Clowney was supposed to be the better prospect...Clowney was supposed to be the next great thing...

Don't get me wrong, I would not mind seeing the Bills trade for Clowney, but the compensation would have to be fair...He's not an elite pass rusher, and he's going to want elite pass rusher money...23 players had more sacks then he did in 2019...23!...And it's not about him playing off-the-ball either because of those 23 players with more sacks, 15 had more total tackles than Clowney...

I think he's a good DE...Pro Bowl caliber...But I would not offer anything more than swapping 1st Rd Picks...And maybe one of our 5th's...That's it...He would definitely make a difference and solve a problem...But it's not like you're getting a perennial All-Pro either...And you're going to have to pay out the you-know-what...?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Seems like we always get our name mentioned in these but never actually get the player.  Source seems a little questionable.

and I’ll say it now. Is Clowney overrated?  I mean he’s good but he was in a great situation and he’s never seems overly dominate to me. 

Dammit were not supposed to agree on anything !!!

3 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I have to say...And I've always taken crap for it from some of my amateur Scouting buddies...But I was never real big on Clowney...I even thought Greg Robinson was a better prospect in their Draft...I admit I was probably wrong about that...But I still have not warmed to Clowney ...

I think he's a good DE...Pro Bowl caliber...But I would not offer anything more than swapping 1st Rd Picks...And maybe one of our 5th's...That's it...He would definitely make a difference and solve a problem...But it's not like you're getting a perennial All-Pro either...And you're going to have to pay out the you-know-what...?

I completely agree. Great post.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:
Sports News Buffalo (@SportsNewsBuff)
The Bills have entertained a trade with Houston GM Brian Gaine. Beane and Gaine have a great working relationship and tagged DE Jadeveon Clowney has been brought up if Ansah doesn't materialize/price is right as per source.

Why on earth would  Houston get rid of their "rising star"? 

7 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

I have to say...And I've always taken crap for it from some of my amateur Scouting buddies...But I was never real big on Clowney...I even thought Greg Robinson was a better prospect in their Draft...I admit I was probably wrong about that...But I still have not warmed to Clowney overall...

Yes he has absolutely amazing ability, and he's good for a couple highlight plays every week...But he also disappears...He did in College too...And 29 sacks in his last 58 games? Playing on that line? I mean...That's certainly OK...But it's no where even remotely close to what he was supposed to be...Miles Garrett has 20.5 sacks in his first 27 games, and Clowney was supposed to be the better prospect...Clowney was supposed to be the next great thing...

Don't get me wrong, I would not mind seeing the Bills trade for Clowney, but the compensation would have to be fair...He's not an elite pass rusher, and he's going to want elite pass rusher money...23 players had more sacks then he did in 2019...23!...And it's not about him playing off-the-ball either because of those 23 players with more sacks, 15 had more total tackles than Clowney...

He has extremely strong TFL numbers, and tackling someone behind the LOS has the same functional effect on down and distance whether it’s a QB or RB.

• Like (+1) 1