Report - Bills talking to Hou for Clowney

MAJBobby

Between the Frank Clark talk, the Ansah visit, and Beane's unsolicited talk about Hughes and Lawson both being up at the end of this season, it's become pretty clear to me that landing a good to great edge rusher was and is a top priority for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Between the Frank Clark talk, the Ansah visit, and Beane's unsolicited talk about Hughes and Lawson both being up at the end of this season, it's become pretty clear to me that landing a good to great edge rusher was and is a top priority for the Bills.

No doubt. I love it. 

From all my years of combing the web for Bills FA information, I can not remember a time where a rumor turned into anything.  Either it happens and you hear about or it doesn't.  Whether its PR that they tried, or trolling.  TO, Mario, came out of left field.  Those lasted as long as they did because that's when there were visits.

Edited by Mat68

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The way they structured these contracts though they have plenty of flexibility. Nsekhe is going to be the RT. You’d still have the 23rd pick which is probably prime territory for an OT (Dillard, Ford, or Little). You may even have a shot at Jonah Williams there. If you are taking a pass rusher at 9 you are hoping he becomes a pro bowler. Clowney is already that. With Hughes being in the final year of his deal (and Shaq) you need a known quantity. I’m fine with Ansah too and am fine drafting one early. I just think it needs to be addressed.

No question the pass rush needs to be addressed, even if Jerry was a little younger with another year on his contract. I see Oliver or an edge player at 9 because that’s the strength of this draft. I think we can get something “like” Clowney without paying wild dollars and giving up picks. Keep it simple. (Which means a deal will be announced by the time I wake up.) 

Lots of ways to go, time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Frank Clark talk was debunked, Ansah is in for a visit but nothing concrete.

As far as Hughes/Lawson situation, might seem unsolicited to you, but in the scheme of how to spend their money... they need to look into the future and not just this year. 

Holes open up every year via injury, free agency, retirement, trades, etc... 

So to just spend like crazy this year, when you know in the back of your head you might be losing assets next year...

That being said, edge rusher needed to be a priority regardless of Hughes/Lawson.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If the Bills grab either Ansah or Clowney in free agency you can go ahead and pre-order your Hockenson Bills jersey now.

I would love the Bills to draft Hockenson. 

I’m expecting Hockenson and Tillery or Oliver and Irv Smith Jr. I will be happy either way.

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

#Logical

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't know why but I have this feeling that the Bills are going to sign a pass rusher and trade Hughes for a WR. My wild guess is Hughes+ to LA Rams for Brandin Cooks. 

Why? I have no idea why Cooks. But I remember there was talk the Rams wanted Hughes. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Seems like we always get our name mentioned in these but never actually get the player.  Source seems a little questionable.

and I’ll say it now. Is Clowney overrated?  I mean he’s good but he was in a great situation and he’s never seems overly dominate to me. 

Glad you mentioned this.  I’ve been thinking about Buffalo always popping up in these stories and never getting the guys since probably 2010-2011.

You could say...they’ve always been bad so why wouldn’t they always be in the game for FAs.

Or

Agents just always using Buffalo as pawns to raise the price for their players.

Or

the more cynical side of me says that Buffalo Fans are suckers and rabid and will click on anything that puts the team in a positive direction.  If your a twitter Reporter and need clicks or hits.  No better fan base to bait than Buffalo Fans.  You could say “so and so FA is getting interest from Seattle, Jacksonville and...Buffalo” and the clicks will pour in.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Glad you mentioned this.  I’ve been thinking about Buffalo always popping up in these stories and never getting the guys since probably 2010-2011.

You could say...they’ve always been bad so why wouldn’t they always be in the game for FAs.

Or

Agents just always using Buffalo as pawns to raise the price for their players.

Or

the more cynical side of me says that Buffalo Fans are suckers and rabid and will click on anything that puts the team in a positive direction.  If your a twitter Reporter and need clicks or hits.  No better fan base to bait than Buffalo Fans.  You could say “so and so FA is getting interest from Seattle, Jacksonville and...Buffalo” and the clicks will pour in.

ALL fan bases. We're no different. Besides, I'm sure nearly everyone understands it's just a rumor.

4 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

ALL fan bases. We're no different. Besides, I'm sure nearly everyone understands it's just a rumor.

I think Buffalo fans are a cut above.  We put up higher ratings for Super Bowls than the cities the teams are actually in.  We score higher NHL ratings than anyone don’t we?  

I think we are rabid.

• Like (+1) 1

I think that tweet was a connect the dots situation off of this tweet, which that troll account retweeted. The account was registered in 2015 and has only tweeted 28x, claims to be a "local news source" that doesn't have a website and send out tweets that are nonsensical like this gem "Plenty of interest in getting news out to better bargaining power."

They also lifted their banner logo, which is trademarked, from Rogers channel 999, which you can find here: https://twitter.com/spn500 . That is why the banner image looks like garbage.
Edited by ndirish1978

58 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Why not trade Murphy or Shaq as part of the deal. I still want Oliver in the 1st. Someone has to replace Kyle and right now, I don't think either Phillips can do that.

i suggested before....send shaq to atlanta for a deal to get grady....with the caveat of trading 9 for 14 and their second.  they're gonna be uptight with money if they tag grady.  the bills can afford it (for one year anyways before redo or release of starr and or murphy).

they then trade 14 for 16 with carolina for a 3rd. with that 16th pick they take montez sweat and with the extra 2 (hopefully early 3rd,) they grab o.ximines. that gives them an all pro dt and two possibly all pro ends for years to come....not to mention still having a 2nd, 3rd and 2 4ths to go bpa on offense or whatever. ....that could be te /wr/ ol

i would suggest daniel wise dt in the 4th to replace starr in the future.  that buttons up a great, young, premier defense for years to come.

i love what they're doing. i just am curious as to how they settle the oline order.

Edited by billsredneck1