Report - Bills talking to Hou for Clowney

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Not a real source.

I find it hard to believe that the Bills linked to AB, Bell, and ODB getting leaked, but nothing about Clowney.

OBJ stuff happened Last week. And it was reported when Today???  I get it I am taking the source with a grain of salt as well. But it is out there let’s see if it has legs. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not a believer in the source but I’ll play. How about a swap of 1’s (the equivalent of pick 32) and a 4th? 

Given this draft class, the loss of an extra pick and his cap cost....I would pass and take my chances on a young, cheap stud at #9 while trusting in our scouts. Grow with the young nucleus.  But maybe  that’s just me. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I’m concerned we’d get a Mario Williams performance out of Clowney. I think I’d rather draft a young and hungry DT at 9.

Nothing stopping the Bills from drafting a DT at 9 and getting Clowney.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mario was actually really good until the last year with Rex 

True, better than what I think we’d get from Clowney. I really want to like the guy, I always have. He’s from my wife’s hometown and I’ve been hearing about him since HS. While he’s extremely talented, I just don’t think he ever fully lived up to it, especially having that D and JJ Watt to draw attention. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

OBJ stuff happened Last week. And it was reported when Today???  I get it I am taking the source with a grain of salt as well. But it is out there let’s see if it has legs. 

The account has not broken anything since it was created in 2015. Not a single piece of insight or breaking information.

I understand wanting this to be true, but there is zero chance no one of merit has picked this up.

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Well, if true, it kinda just got leaked 

Leaked by a reputable source, not a no name on Twitter with 1,500 followers and only 23 tweets since 2015. None of which broke any Bills news.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

The account has not broken anything since it was created in 2015. Not a single piece of insight or breaking information.

I understand wanting this to be true, but there is zero chance no one of merit has picked this up.

Man, can some of us dream???

Just now, the skycap said:

Man, can some of us dream???

I mean, sure, but maybe set your bar a little higher for what you allow to generate your dreams?

I mean, not trying to be a d.... I do know that there are user on these boards who dont know how Twitter necessarily works.

Just want to clear the air that's all.

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Nothing stopping the Bills from drafting a DT at 9 and getting Clowney.

Sign me up! Upon further review, I’ll take Clowney as long as we get/keep a 1st rd pick. He’s 26 and should have several productive years left. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Given this draft class, the loss of an extra pick and his cap cost....I would pass and take my chances on a young, cheap stud at #9 while trusting in our scouts. Grow with the young nucleus.  But maybe  that’s just me. 

Personally, I have no issue giving up the 4th. The Bills have 10 picks and probably don’t have 10 roster spots. If they go to 23 they will have a chance to get Noah Fant or maybe even Hockenson or Wilkins. I’d rather have Clowney (and his salary) + Fant over Ferrell (for example) + a 4th. The money is irrelevant to the Bills. They have plenty now and lots moving forward.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Personally, I have no issue giving up the 4th. The Bills have 10 picks and probably don’t have 10 roster spots. If they go to 23 they will have a chance to get Noah Fant or maybe even Hockenson or Wilkins. I’d rather have Clowney (and his salary) + Fant over Ferrell (for example) + a 4th. The money is irrelevant to the Bills. They have plenty now and lots moving forward.

‘That same money could get you a quality RT, for example. It’s not MY money, I’m ALL FOR spending it, but it’s a matter of the best use. Part of it may be me having hoped to see so much more out of Clowney, and part what else could you do. This draft is so deep in DL, he loses some value as you can get cheaper, younger options and spend more FA money where you need it. I’m not married to either approach, but I have reservations. 

Plus, that 4th has real value if, say, you want to move up in the 2nd for a guy you love. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Augie said:

‘That same money could get you a quality RT, for example. It’s not MY money, I’m ALL FOR spending it, but it’s a matter of the best use. Part of it may be me having hoped to see so much more out of Clowney, and part what else could you do. This draft is so deep in DL, he loses some value as you can get cheaper, younger options and spend more FA money where you need it. I’m not married to either approach, but I have reservations. 

The way they structured these contracts though they have plenty of flexibility. Nsekhe is going to be the RT. You’d still have the 23rd pick which is probably prime territory for an OT (Dillard, Ford, or Little). You may even have a shot at Jonah Williams there. If you are taking a pass rusher at 9 you are hoping he becomes a pro bowler. Clowney is already that. With Hughes being in the final year of his deal (and Shaq) you need a known quantity. I’m fine with Ansah too and am fine drafting one early. I just think it needs to be addressed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Despite many fans focus on his pass rush ability, he is tremendously good against the run. I'd love it 

He is very Versatile, he can play all over the line and can also play OLB. If this happens I will go

crazy. He is perfect for our Defense and he is a stud!