Report - Bills talking to Hou for Clowney

MAJBobby

So on Clowney, he just turned 26. He's young and has been a big time prospect for a long time. I think he is a great fit our defense as a base end, and he would not have to worry about dropping in coverage and stuff. I offer them Trent Murphy and a second round pick or a swap of firsts. I think Murphy would be a nice fit in their defense. 

Just now, HansLanda said:

Does anyone think Clowney has lived up to his draft status? You send - at most - a conditional 2nd. No way a 1. 

You don’t trade anything for Clowney, paying him top dollar is a big enough pill to swallow. Throw money at Ansah or Houston or draft your own guy. Clowney isn’t good enough to pay and lose picks. No way. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Does anyone think Clowney has lived up to his draft status? You send - at most - a conditional 2nd. No way a 1. 

Honestly I think it's impossible for the guy to live up to his draft status. He was like Lebron. His high school games were in ESPN and stuff. He was supposed to be Reggie White. Imo he's been very good, but not super elite yet. I think he's a better fit for what we do here. He's still young and I think his technique needs work. When it's been so easy for you all these years, sometimes your game needs refinement. 

3 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I’m concerned we’d get a Mario Williams performance out of Clowney. I think I’d rather draft a young and hungry DT at 9.

Mario was fine until rex. If we got 2014 mario from clowney then beane should make this trade happen

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Honestly I think it's impossible for the guy to live up to his draft status. He was like Lebron. His high school games were in ESPN and stuff. He was supposed to be Reggie White. Imo he's been very good, but not super elite yet. I think he's a better fit for what we do here. He's still young and I think his technique needs work. When it's been so easy for you all these years, sometimes your game needs refinement. 

Let's be real, he knocked a guy's helmet off and grabbed a fumble. Was he a stud in college? yes. But all these guys were. Is he dominant in NFL? 

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seems like Beane has been waving that around trying to get someone to bite 

Is a pretty good kind of move to make get whatever you can get for it and move into place you're more comfortable taking a player your team has need of than who'd be BPA at 9.

9 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

If Houston would give him up for a 2nd,  Beane shouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

5 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I’m concerned we’d get a Mario Williams performance out of Clowney. I think I’d rather draft a young and hungry DT at 9.

That’s the last thing I would worry about since Rex Ryan is long gone. I would trust McDermott is more than capable of getting the best out of Clowney compared to Ryan 

Just now, HansLanda said:

Let's be real, he knocked a guy's helmet off and grabbed a fumble. Was he a stud in college? yes. But all these guys were. Is he dominant in NFL? 

I don't think he has hit that spot yet. (I know that's what she said.) But he's young and I think he needs a change in scheme and scenery. I'm simply saying that it was impossible for him to live up to his draft status. That said he's been very good. He's better than Ford and Ansah and those guys. I think he's better than Trey Flowers too. But I can't quite say he's been dominant. He needs to refine his technique in order to beat the great players in the NFL consistently.