Odell Beckham to the Browns (Bills checked in on him prior to the trade)

Imo 9 was a hang up for Beane.  You have what should be a very good player on a contract 25 cents to the dollar.  They can still use an impact player anywhere on the field.  Imo the organization values a first rd pick over a #1 wr.  

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't agree that the Browns were fleeced but I will say people are overreacting about how bad this is for the Giants. 2 fairly high picks for a WR that isn't going to be worth anything to them while they rebuild over the next couple years. I mean they should have drafted a QB last year, but since they didn't they might as well prepare for a couple bad seasons and stock draft picks for their future QB.

Also not convinced on the Browns yet. Every year a dream team is formed and every year it fails. Rams came pretty close last year, that's about it.

That WR would have been invaluable to Allen or Darold had the Giants had the simple sense to draft either of them last year.  If they draft one this year, he will look forward to handing off their nice RB for a year or two...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Isn't the moneyball philosophy about using advanced metrics and new age analytics to build a team by finding players who represent good value without breaking the bank??

It was Billy Beane who developed it to build the As on a small market budget.

If anything I think it's perfectly suited to a salary cap league more than anything.

I was a bit facetious just concerning the other thread saying Brandon Beane was Billy Beane. but getting great value with data metrics for players is great and smart for any league in any system obviously.

but the Oakland A's had to do that with like an 8th the salary of other teams. Moneyball is about never overpaying if value doesn't meet the performance. Everything you said yeah. If every team pays the same money on a pool of players that's pretty much impossible in a salary cap. You pay more than Mitch Morse is worth because you have the money to do it to fit a need lol. And you know you're still conserving cap. Billy Beane is worried about saving actual $$$. He wouldn't have paid for Morse. He gets some dude you've never heard of that no team wants for vet minimum.. and he never gets close to the NFL cap.. we'd have to be way ahead of the curve doing that for virtually no reason because we do have a cap!

If we were the Oakland A's actually using their system we wouldn't have signed any FA's.

Moneyball was made for a league without a salary cap. It's specifically a term for Billy Beane's method. Data analytics to find value in an NFL systmen is different. They don't call NBA analytics moneyball. They name it Moryball because it's a different philosophy for basketball.. under a cap.. initiated by Daryl Morey.

So I'm completely nitpicking the comparison. It's like moneyball.. but it's not. We can coin it Brandon ball or whatever.. but the economics doesn't make sense if FAs are available to every team trying to spend the same amount of money.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I was a bit facetious just concerning the other thread saying Brandon Beane was Billy Beane. but getting great value with data metrics for players is great and smart for any league in any system obviously.

but the Oakland A's had to do that with like an 8th the salary of other teams. Moneyball is about never overpaying if value doesn't meet the performance. Everything you said yeah. If every team pays the same money on a pool of players that's pretty much impossible in a salary cap. You pay more than Mitch Morse is worth because you have the money to do it to fit a need lol. And you know you're still conserving cap. Billy Beane is worried about saving actual $$$. He wouldn't have paid for Morse. He gets some dude you've never heard of that no team wants for vet minimum.. and he never gets close to the NFL cap.. we'd have to be way ahead of the curve doing that for virtually no reason because we do have a cap!

If we were the Oakland A's actually using their system we wouldn't have signed any FA's.

Moneyball was made for a league without a salary cap. It's specifically a term for Billy Beane's method. Data analytics to find value in an NFL systmen is different. They don't call NBA analytics moneyball. They name it Moryball because it's a different philosophy for basketball.. under a cap.. initiated by Daryl Morey.

So I'm completely nitpicking the comparison. It's like moneyball.. but it's not. We can coin it Brandon ball or whatever.. but the economics doesn't make sense if FAs are available to every team trying to spend the same amount of money.

Good stuff

Yeah I know what it was exactly

And the other reason it doesn't work with the nba or NFL a direct translation is the fact that those leagues fine truly have a minor league system to grow talent like MLB does

I mean the NBA has some lower leagues and they can draft a young euro player then let him continue to grow in Europe, but overall I def agree with what you're saying

I missed the sarcasm in your first post ?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re the dude getting angry over a Beckham trade and calling a faceless person a crap person.  Dude (I’m assuming), relax (if you are a female, I know I shouldn’t say that) It’s not that serious.

and truth is I’m an awesome person and you would be lucky to hang out with me.  I hope you get tucked in nice and tight tonight. 

11 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Maybe.  I would like to see those resources used elsewhere now.  This offense doesnt require a prototipical #1.  We may even have one in Foster or Duke Williams only time will tell.

why not? what is this offense?

9 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Is it ok for us to root for Cleveland as a second team(as long as we arent playing them)? I mean, they are basically the Ohio version of us minus the super bowls 

Tell that to Browns fans.

On any national tweet about the Bills you'll find Browns fans making jokes about Josh Allen in the comments.

• 5 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:25 AM, Wsam4031 said:

Actually Gettleman called the Bills on him . We never reached out to the Browns on him. And he already is asking Clev for a new contract. Man this guy!

Just curious but never reached out to the Browns on him...for what?  To look to trade for him after being traded there?