Odell Beckham to the Browns (Bills checked in on him prior to the trade)

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

And I didn't realize how good the line was. Joel Bitonio, Zeitler OGs and Greg Robinson at tackle.

Great on paper. Add in if they're high picks on D turn out: Ogbah, Sheldon Richardson, Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward

Zeitler was shipped out for Vernon from NY. 

Which bolsters the pass rush opposite garret 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

And I didn't realize how good the line was. Joel Bitonio, Zeitler OGs and Greg Robinson at tackle.

Great on paper. Add in if they're high picks on D turn out: Ogbah, Sheldon Richardson, Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward

Zeitler is gone.

4 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The pick is 95, the Pats 3rd. And it looks like they are swapping Peepers for Earl Thomas. Peppers is above average. He isn't great yet.

And their first of course. I'd pull the trigger yeah. But ours would involve our 9th overall, or.. idk who cares. I'd definitely do something similar, hard to beat that package but I would.

I'd make the trade. But I'd have rather just paid AB with less picks like I said. I'd have done either one. Just want to see JA with a weapon along with the WR depth.. Brown/Foster are a lot more dangerous when a dude across from them is drawing doubles.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Lol. That's why both teams took enormous cap hits to get rid of them. 

If you never played the game at a high level that's fine , but you might not understand how important that locker room culture is. It's absolutely necessary for winning . 

How many playoff wins does AB and OBJ have? 

Exactly

I thought the point of building a strong lockerroom / culture McBeane preaches about ad nauseum is precisely to get these people. To be confident we can do better with talent than teams with weaker lockerrooms.

We always say "oh the Patriots will totally get that lockerroom poison to shape up and be productive yet again"

Is that not the point of building an established culture to take on these sort of players and get their best value other lockerrooms that lack the prerequisite foundation couldn't?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So if all the qbs from last year besides Mayfield suck, and Barkley is a HOF rb, it’s a bad move?

Taking a RB anywhere in the top of the 1st round is a bad move. Taking one in the top 3 is indefensible.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm going to gracefully bow out of this conversation and continue it in October when the Browns aren't living up to the ridiculous expectations the fans n media will paint. 

The guy has never even been to the playoffs , he isn't WORTH the negative impact he will have on the locker room. He's already demanding to have his contact redone. 

I live in Giant/Jet land with basically all my friends fans of either. He is perceived as a nutcase , selfish and has very negative impact towards the process of building a winning culture. 

There's a reason Gettleman and Schurmer gladly took that deal . They understand that this primadonna , very talented WR will not benefit this team to long term success...

There's a reason every Giant fan I spoke to is thrilled right now.. keep listening to ESPN though !

They bailed on AB for dirt cheap draft capital and we don't know the details on obj. My guess is due diligence. If he could front load a contract n get out without a huge cap hit , why not inquire? He did nothing though and never was close

If the Giants wanted him gone so badly before why did they sign him to a massive deal last off-season??

I live in Giants/jets land too and I've received a half dozen texts tonight and two phone calls with livid Giants fans saying this is the worst trade they've ever seen.

58 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Pardon me. One appearance. As many as Zay Jones . And had very little impact in post season. Man I'm good n love what we're building here. Some don't see it or understand it yet. But you will soon enough. we had a plan and executed it.  

Obj is already causing Cleveland a headache about his contract and being on Cle . 

I'm done - quote me please , OBJ will post pedestrian numbers in 2019 on the Browns . I will put my house on that. Mysterious injuries , ridiculous antics, super selfish. I'm so glad this guy isn't a Bill. I'm DONE

What mysterious injury??

He had a high ankle sprain that he returned from too soon leading to a season ending ankle fracture.

I didn't know you could fake a broken bone.

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

As I was saying.... 

? Put some RESPECT on my name!!

What??

Maybe it's because obj wasn't on the freaking trade block and the Giants decided to start gauging his value.

Nowhere in that tweet does it say the bills weren't interested after the Giants contacted them.

21 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Browns added Odell Beckham, Earl Thomas and Sheldon Richardson today. 

And there are people on this board who’ll argue the Bills are better than them with a straight face. 

Cause we're playing moneyball babeee....  (IN A SALARY CAPPED LEAGUE WHICH MAKES NO SENSE FOR MONEYBALL)

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Cause we're playing moneyball babeee....  (IN A SALARY CAPPED LEAGUE WHICH MAKES NO SENSE FOR MONEYBALL)

Isn't the moneyball philosophy about using advanced metrics and new age analytics to build a team by finding players who represent good value without breaking the bank??

It was Billy Beane who developed it to build the As on a small market budget.

If anything I think it's perfectly suited to a salary cap league more than anything.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I think you need culture to win or at least to sustain it.  Maybe culture isn't the word but there's a cohesion to the best teams - and the perennial winning teams have that coach that do great at keeping things together.  The Browns have a good bit to prove from an organizational and coaching perspective.  They have the talent to make that a whole lot easier. 

This explains why winning trumps Culture! Once you win...your Culture automatically changes!

Screenshot_20190312-225339_Chrome.jpg

54 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Giants fleeced the Browns. A first, 3rd, and Peppers for a WR??? Holy hell

I don't agree that the Browns were fleeced but I will say people are overreacting about how bad this is for the Giants. 2 fairly high picks for a WR that isn't going to be worth anything to them while they rebuild over the next couple years. I mean they should have drafted a QB last year, but since they didn't they might as well prepare for a couple bad seasons and stock draft picks for their future QB.

Also not convinced on the Browns yet. Every year a dream team is formed and every year it fails. Rams came pretty close last year, that's about it.

Edited by HappyDays

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I think you need culture to win or at least to sustain it.  Maybe culture isn't the word but there's a cohesion to the best teams - and the perennial winning teams have that coach that do great at keeping things together.  The Browns have a good bit to prove from an organizational and coaching perspective.  They have the talent to make that a whole lot easier. 

Same Thing

Once you wins some games... that will automatically chance your Culture 

Screenshot_20190312-225339_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Scorp83