Odell Beckham to the Browns (Bills checked in on him prior to the trade)

39 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Julius Peppers is an over the hill DE who retired a month ago.  I'd still take him over Gibril (gerbil ?) Peppers who is a bum. 

Peppers is an above average SS. Trade was still well worth it, especially if they sign Earl Thomas.

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

Exactly!

Well, maybe other than he’s a second year guy who has maybe...what, ten starts under his belt? This whole NFL QB thing isn’t really all that easy. It ain’t Madden

I hope he lights it up, but it takes time for almost any QB. Just keep improving and showing progress, develop chemistry with the new crew and hope they catch better than the old crew. 

Hell, Madden ain't easy either.

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm going to gracefully bow out of this conversation and continue it in October when the Browns aren't living up to the ridiculous expectations the fans n media will paint. 

The guy has never even been to the playoffs , he isn't WORTH the negative impact he will have on the locker room. He's already demanding to have his contact redone. 

I live in Giant/Jet land with basically all my friends fans of either. He is perceived as a nutcase , selfish and has very negative impact towards the process of building a winning culture. 

There's a reason Gettleman and Schurmer gladly took that deal . They understand that this primadonna , very talented WR will not benefit this team to long term success...

There's a reason every Giant fan I spoke to is thrilled right now.. keep listening to ESPN though !

They bailed on AB for dirt cheap draft capital and we don't know the details on obj. My guess is due diligence. If he could front load a contract n get out without a huge cap hit , why not inquire? He did nothing though and never was close

Yes, he has.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Have you played the game ? Even if not , if we made that OBJ trade , it goes against everything coach has preached for 3 years. Culture, process,hard work.  The message that would send to the WHOLE TEAM would be negative imo. It would have a negative reaction to what I perceive as a Bills team that is on the up n up.

It's deeper than the numbers and talent. He doesn't fit our team, our process, our culture . He wouldn't equate to more wins for sure imo. I've been hearing whispers in North Jersey since 2017 about OBJ.

How many playoff appearances does this "top 5" player have?!? 

Exactly 

And yet they tried to trade for Antonio Brown and OBJ.  Hmmmmm.......

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I still think we need a big receiver or 2.  I think when Allen misses, it’s high. 

I get where you're coming from. I really do. I just don't want another season where the offense isn't good enough to gauge the QB's progress.

I want to see what Allen is made of.

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm going to gracefully bow out of this conversation and continue it in October when the Browns aren't living up to the ridiculous expectations the fans n media will paint. 

The guy has never even been to the playoffs , he isn't WORTH the negative impact he will have on the locker room. He's already demanding to have his contact redone. 

I live in Giant/Jet land with basically all my friends fans of either. He is perceived as a nutcase , selfish and has very negative impact towards the process of building a winning culture. 

There's a reason Gettleman and Schurmer gladly took that deal . They understand that this primadonna , very talented WR will not benefit this team to long term success...

There's a reason every Giant fan I spoke to is thrilled right now.. keep listening to ESPN though !

They bailed on AB for dirt cheap draft capital and we don't know the details on obj. My guess is due diligence. If he could front load a contract n get out without a huge cap hit , why not inquire? He did nothing though and never was close

You are dodging the question.  They would have taken AB were it not for the money price.  And they were interested in OBJ. 

Why even inquire if they put such a high priority on this "culture"  It would make no sense to even inquire about either of these guys if what you are saying is true.  It's not...

• Like (+1) 1

One of my Giant fan buddies is throwing a fit via text message right now. Talking about already being on the brink as a fan, might be done with the team. 

Lol, “brink.” I’d gladly trade two superb owls in a decade for having my dye job drama llama stolen away from me by the big bad Browns. I’d take that “brink” action in a heartbeat. 

(And yes, I did tell him that.)

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I look forward to it.  Definitely will be fun to follow.  

He has been to the playoffs.  And again, please explain to me the negative impact.

Three friends of mine who are Giants fans have texted me with exactly the opposite reaction!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yes, he has.

Pardon me. One appearance. As many as Zay Jones . And had very little impact in post season. Man I'm good n love what we're building here. Some don't see it or understand it yet. But you will soon enough. we had a plan and executed it.  

Obj is already causing Cleveland a headache about his contract and being on Cle . 

I'm done - quote me please , OBJ will post pedestrian numbers in 2019 on the Browns . I will put my house on that. Mysterious injuries , ridiculous antics, super selfish. I'm so glad this guy isn't a Bill. I'm DONE

John WawrowVerified account @john_wawrow 2m2 minutes ago

I’m hearing it was the #NYFootballGiants who contacted the #Bills to gauge their interest in OBJ. Not the other way around.

Wondering what happened here.  Did the Bills say they weren't interested?  Did the Bills just not want to pay the price?  Do the Bills have something else cooking instead?  Interesting if this is true.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Pardon me. One appearance. As many as Zay Jones . And had very little impact in post season. Man I'm good n love what we're building here. Some don't see it or understand it yet. But you will soon enough. we had a plan and executed it.  

Obj is already causing Cleveland a headache about his contract and being on Cle . 

I'm done - quote me please , OBJ will post pedestrian numbers in 2019 on the Browns . I will put my house on that. Mysterious injuries , ridiculous antics, super selfish. I'm so glad this guy isn't a Bill. I'm DONE

You keep pushing this argument about who has gone to the playoffs and your facts are totally wrong. 

Done? You shouldn't have even started.

• Like (+1) 1

Oof I'd love to have the Cleveland roster right now good Lord that's some fantasy football rosterbaiting.

High price to trade for him, I'd be hesitant to give up that much myself. Would have rather paid AB than give up a great player and top picks

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Tim GrahamVerified account @ByTimGraham 5s5 seconds ago

Source directly involved: Giants reached out to Bills to measure interest in Odell Beckham. Bills did not reach out to Giants about trading for him.

Another confirmation that the Bills were contacted by the Giants.....  As I said above, were the Bills just not interested?  Do they have something else working behind the scenes?  IF they were going after Brown, it seems like they should have been interested in OBJ.  Who knows......

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Oof I'd love to have the Cleveland roster right now good Lord that's some fantasy football rosterbaiting.

High price to trade for him, I'd be hesitant to give up that much myself. Would have rather paid AB than give up a great player and top picks

The pick is 95, the Pats 3rd. And it looks like they are swapping Peepers for Earl Thomas. Peppers is above average. He isn't great yet.

Just now, sven233 said:

Tim GrahamVerified account @ByTimGraham 5s5 seconds ago

Source directly involved: Giants reached out to Bills to measure interest in Odell Beckham. Bills did not reach out to Giants about trading for him.

Another confirmation that the Bills were contacted by the Giants.....  As I said above, were the Bills just not interested?  Do they have something else working behind the scenes?  IF they were going after Brown, it seems like they should have been interested in OBJ.  Who knows......

Strictly the picks I'd guess.  3 & 5 way cheaper than 1, 2 and change.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Let’s not forget Kareem Hunt will most likely be active at some point this coming season. That’s huge. 

On paper they have some serious heavy hitters. 

And I didn't realize how good the line was. Joel Bitonio, Zeitler OGs and Greg Robinson at tackle.

Great on paper. Add in if they're high picks on D turn out: Ogbah, Sheldon Richardson, Myles Garrett, Denzel Ward