Odell Beckham to the Browns (Bills checked in on him prior to the trade)

4 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Winning trumps culture man...Period!

I think you need culture to win or at least to sustain it.  Maybe culture isn't the word but there's a cohesion to the best teams - and the perennial winning teams have that coach that do great at keeping things together.  The Browns have a good bit to prove from an organizational and coaching perspective.  They have the talent to make that a whole lot easier. 

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Rapaport reporting that OBJ wants an alteration to his contract ALA Antonio Brown. Wants to be the highest paid receiver in the NFL

It’s good to go last!

Even when Bruce used to do this, it ticked me off. I’m not sure if I would have given in so often. You don’t want me as your GM. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Exactly!

Well, maybe other than he’s a second year guy who has maybe...what, ten starts under his belt? This whole NFL QB thing isn’t really all that easy. It ain’t Madden. 

I hope he lights it up, but it takes time for almost any QB. Just keep improving and showing progress, develop chemistry with the new crew and hope they catch better than the old crew. 

Year 2 has been breakout time for all the recent QB's.(Wentz, Trubisky, Goff, Mahomes)

If you like the moves (which I do), there's no reason to believe Allen won't have a breakout season if he's the real deal.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How could he be angry? He only dates supermodels! :lol:

Full disclosure. I’ve never dated a supermodels. Too high maintenance. But I’ve dated a bunch of pretty girls. Not everyone who posts here looks like you.

goodnight Joe. Sweet dreams of McBeane. 

15 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Have you played the game ? Even if not , if we made that OBJ trade , it goes against everything coach has preached for 3 years. Culture, process,hard work.  The message that would send to the WHOLE TEAM would be negative imo. It would have a negative reaction to what I perceive as a Bills team that is on the up n up.

It's deeper than the numbers and talent. He doesn't fit our team, our process, our culture . He wouldn't equate to more wins for sure imo. I've been hearing whispers in North Jersey since 2017 about OBJ.

How many playoff appearances does this "top 5" player have?!? 

Exactly 

The message it sends to the team is that the organization is serious about winning. This isn’t some rec-league, D2 franchise that your personal experience compares to.

Guys like OBJ, Bell, etc., fill a need with a dynamic playmaker. We’re not talking about adding five Vontaze Burficts, multiple players at easily replaceable positions. We’re talking about a, singular, premier player.

That has a negligible negative impact on the locker room. It does speak volumes in positives, though.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Year 2 has been breakout time for all the recent QB's.(Wentz, Trubisky, Goff, Mahomes)

If you like the moves (which I do), there's no reason to believe Allen won't have a breakout season if he's the real deal.

I still think we need a big receiver or 2.  I think when Allen misses, it’s high. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

The Browns are looking stupid sick right now! Man... this is why we need a legit X (DK) receiver! It makes a difference!  

Then again...if we can sign Bell... we'll look better then the Browns! 

Screenshot_20190312-203520_Messages.jpg

Let’s not forget Kareem Hunt will most likely be active at some point this coming season. That’s huge. 

On paper they have some serious heavy hitters. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

And maybe every person and player is different. I’ll wait and see, then evaluate based on what occurs. Wentz apparently isn’t beloved in the locker room, and the team played better with the backup. Trubisky wasn’t magical. Mahomes had maybe the best situation ever between watching, coaching and weapons.

I’m not blindly supporting Allen. He wasn’t the guy I wanted and I’m hoping for the best. He was raw and he may take a little more time than more advanced guys coming in. To say “year 2 is when it should happen” is a simplified view of a complicated issue. 

We will all just hope for the best, because that’s all we can do. 

3 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

This guy is indulging here big time for a story. 

I just watched kim Jones, on the network, talk about her phone call with him. Just said he acted like he needed time to let it marinate. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

This guy is indulging here big time for a story. 

I just watched kim Jones talk about her phone call with him. Just said he acted like he needed time to let it marinate. 

Yeah I think he will come around on it.  

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Several.

More than Bob Foster, Zay Jones, Cole Beasely, and John Brown combined.

Exactly.

5-6 combined

5-5 brown

0-1 Beckham

Brown really is 3-3 since becoming a starter though

And in those 6 games he has 5 games of 100+ yards, 4 tds, and like 650 yards

Brown wasn't the problem with them in the playoffs

14 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Rapaport reporting that OBJ wants an alteration to his contract ALA Antonio Brown. Wants to be the highest paid receiver in the NFL

OBJ already was that with the Giants.

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

True   but without that Culture winning is rare. Look at NE , Sea when they were winning , SF , even Pitt to an extent.  All inputed their culture and winning followed. 

A collection of talent rarely Trump's a TEAM 

Why did McD and Beane want AB and OBJ then?

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Exactly.

5-6 combined

5-5 brown

0-1 Beckham

Brown really is 3-3 since becoming a starter though

And in those 6 games he has 5 games of 100+ yards, 4 tds, and like 650 yards

Brown wasn't the problem with them in the playoffs

Must have been the culture then...yo?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eanyills said:

The message it sends to the team is that the organization is serious about winning. This isn’t some rec-league, D2 franchise that your personal experience compares to.

Guys like OBJ, Bell, etc., fill a need with a dynamic playmaker. We’re not talking about adding five Vontaze Burficts, multiple players at easily replaceable positions. We’re talking about a, singular, premier player.

That has a negligible negative impact on the locker room. It does speak volumes in positives, though.

I'm going to gracefully bow out of this conversation and continue it in October when the Browns aren't living up to the ridiculous expectations the fans n media will paint. 

The guy has never even been to the playoffs , he isn't WORTH the negative impact he will have on the locker room. He's already demanding to have his contact redone. 

I live in Giant/Jet land with basically all my friends fans of either. He is perceived as a nutcase , selfish and has very negative impact towards the process of building a winning culture. 

There's a reason Gettleman and Schurmer gladly took that deal . They understand that this primadonna , very talented WR will not benefit this team to long term success...

There's a reason every Giant fan I spoke to is thrilled right now.. keep listening to ESPN though !

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

OBJ already was that with the Giants.

Why did McD and Beane want AB and OBJ then?

Must have been the culture then...yo?

They bailed on AB for dirt cheap draft capital and we don't know the details on obj. My guess is due diligence. If he could front load a contract n get out without a huge cap hit , why not inquire? He did nothing though and never was close

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm going to gracefully bow out of this conversation and continue it in October when the Browns aren't living up to the ridiculous expectations the fans n media will paint. 

The guy has never even been to the playoffs , he isn't WORTH the negative impact he will have on the locker room. He's already demanding to have his contact redone. 

I live in Giant/Jet land with basically all my friends fans of either. He is perceived as a nutcase , selfish and has very negative impact towards the process of building a winning culture. 

There's a reason Gettleman and Schurmer gladly took that deal . They understand that this primadonna , very talented WR will not benefit this team to long term success...

There's a reason every Giant fan I spoke to is thrilled right now.. keep listening to ESPN though !

jaded fans > analysts ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1