Odell Beckham to the Browns (Bills checked in on him prior to the trade)

Just now, XABI64 said:

Gaints are the poster child of why no team should EVER draft a RB in the top 10

Barkley could be the best RB in the league for the next 15 years and it won't matter if they don't find a QB

What if the QBs don’t turn out to be that good besides Baker?  They can draft a qb this year or wait for Lawrence or Tua.  Barkley might be the best player on his draft and an all time great.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think if they develop this Eli kid for a few years, he could turn into something.

i bet the Giants draft Haskins and a receiver in the first. 

Giants could have had Darold/Allen and OBJ.  Now they will have the next OSU QB NFL failure and a WR in the 1st.

That's funny.

18 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'm a Browns fan now. Bye y'all.

I can get behind the Browns as a second team - their fans have been tortured as well.

i like what Cleveland is building, but I’m not sure that OBJ is a great idea.  He is surely a “top-end piece”, but has potential to disrupt that team.

i understand “going for it”, but not sure he is an end-game piece.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Giants could have had Darold/Allen and OBJ.  Now they will have the next OSU QB NFL failure and a WR in the 1st.

That's funny.

Might be a little early to say who’s the better qb at this point.  They also could be so bad next year, they end up with a top pick and get a guy in 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think the thought of his cost on the team and in picks for the trade was too much for his upside when they might have a shot at a great receiver in the draft.

This. Would you have been okay with the Bills trading their 1st and 2nd round picks, plus a safety (like Hyde) for OBJ? Steep!

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, it's either that, or he didn't like the compensation. Or Gettleman didn't like it. Or they felt they could be just as effective elsewhere.

Their unwillingness to trade for offensive talent leads me to believe they aren't confident in their ability to project or evaluate offensive players. Until proven otherwise by production on the field, that ability will be suspect.

Just now, jkirchofer said:

Their unwillingness to trade for offensive talent leads me to believe they aren't confident in their ability to project or evaluate offensive players. Until proven otherwise by production on the field, that ability will be suspect.

Huh? That's the exact opposite of what it says.

Teams that feel confident in their ability to evaluate talent are comfortable drafting and developing players. Teams that aren't make trades instead (but obviously smart teams make trades too).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

With who they signed in free agency, I think I would prefer to just draft one high if they want to find a number 1 

There isn't one that will impact right away. Seems like Beane is trying to get a #1 right now. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

"this offense doesn't require a #1 WR"

keep saying that until we are the 31st ranked passing offense again next season. We 100% need more talent at the position. Putting your faith in a guy from the CFL and a few practice squad guys we had last year isn't ideal 

Edited by XABI64
  • Like (+1) 1