G Jon Feliciano (Raiders) to the Bills

sven233

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Oh I agree, I don't want them to be done either.  But we just spent A LOT of money on backups with starters still available if that's the case.

Haven't heard any money on Feliciano, but Nsekhe was 2 years and up to $14 million, but only $7.7 million guaranteed. No hard details on his deal yet but that's under $4 million guaranteed per year which is not too much for a swing tackle, especially one that is considered a very good backup. IMO the deal sounds like it was structured in a way that he gets backup money if that's his role and can earn starter money if he starts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I love the temperament and recognition...I hate the fact that he seems to prefer using his shoulders and hips to his hands.

Hopefully Bobby Johnson can coach him up to improve his hand usage/placement, otherwise I could see him getting abused by hand-fighters like Leonard Williams.

Nevertheless I agree that this is a high-upside move.

Similar to Poyer, it’s nice to have inside intel when signing a player. 

6 hours ago, JM57 said:

I don't care if they sign a tackle and draft a guard or vice versa, but I don't want them to be done yet. In a perfect world, Nsekhe (swing tackle), Feliciano (guard) and Spencer Long or Wyatt Teller (whichever doesn't start) are your backups. Sirles can stay too if they choose to keep 9. 

I expect the Bills to draft 1 or 2 lineman in April. Hopefully a tackle fairly high.

At any rate, though, I think people are sleeping on Spencer Long a little bit. He had a down year and struggled with injuries last year at center, yes. Prior to that, he was a good starting level guard for Washington. I also think the staff liked what they saw from Teller and believe that he has a decent shot to start again this year. Feliciano I don't know much about, but Raiders fans seem to think he's earned the chance to start somewhere. Then we have Ike Boettger, who the Bills clearly like a lot, as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think the Bills have the center and both guard positions locked up. The big room for improvement at this point exists at tackle. By all accounts, Nsekhe's best position seems to be LT, and the Bills said they'd be open to moving Dawkins elsewhere on the line if it made the team better. So the possibility even exists that Nsekhe starts at LT and Dawkins kicks inside, which would even FURTHER solidify the interior. Bills will hopefully spend an early pick on a tackle.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I expect the Bills to draft 1 or 2 lineman in April. Hopefully a tackle fairly high.

At any rate, though, I think people are sleeping on Spencer Long a little bit. He had a down year and struggled with injuries last year at center, yes. Prior to that, he was a good starting level guard for Washington. I also think the staff liked what they saw from Teller and believe that he has a decent shot to start again this year. Feliciano I don't know much about, but Raiders fans seem to think he's earned the chance to start somewhere. Then we have Ike Boettger, who the Bills clearly like a lot, as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think the Bills have the center and both guard positions locked up. The big room for improvement at this point exists at tackle. By all accounts, Nsekhe's best position seems to be LT, and the Bills said they'd be open to moving Dawkins elsewhere on the line if it made the team better. So the possibility even exists that Nsekhe starts at LT and Dawkins kicks inside, which would even FURTHER solidify the interior. Bills will hopefully spend an early pick on a tackle.

Decisions, Decisions.. Which Line to address with #9?? Appears to be a bumper crop of DL/DE in the top half of the Draft -and we Need one! Not sure a true starting OT will be available at 40..

9 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I love the temperament and recognition...I hate the fact that he seems to prefer using his shoulders and hips to his hands.

Hopefully Bobby Johnson can coach him up to improve his hand usage/placement, otherwise I could see him getting abused by hand-fighters like Leonard Williams.

Nevertheless I agree that this is a high-upside move.

Fair constructive criticism. I like his nasty and willingness to finish plays. We will have to see his technique over camp and the preseason.

I think he ends up as the starting LG

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Good depth plus he'll kill the National Anthem before games (reference to those who were alive in the 60's).

Actually, his great uncle José can sing the anthem, but they better move the anthem back about 5 minutes.  Golly, it’s great to have a player with a famous relative again!  ?

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Logic said:

So Neskhe & Long played together in Washington? I didn’t make that connection, but I bet McBeane did!

Love it if it’s true. #Gel

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:26 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Side note that this guy can play center as well. He has experience at all three interior spots, like Spencer Long. In essence, you have Morse, Long, Feliciano, Bodine, and Sirles who can all snap/play center. And that is a great place to be depth wise. 

He mentioned he played all 3 interior positions in his presser today.

With both him and Long playing Center in the past I don't see Bodine surviving the summer.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He mentioned he played all 3 interior positions in his presser today.

With both him and Long playing Center in the past I don't see Bodine surviving the summer.

Tampa needs some cap space and their Center is pretty weak.

Bodine + a 5th to Tampa for Gerald McCoy.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, hemma said:

Tampa needs some cap space and their Center is pretty weak.

Bodine + a 5th to Tampa for Gerald McCoy.

And then we're gonna sell them some ocean front property in Montana!