G Jon Feliciano (Raiders) to the Bills

sven233

Side note that this guy can play center as well. He has experience at all three interior spots, like Spencer Long. In essence, you have Morse, Long, Feliciano, Bodine, and Sirles who can all snap/play center. And that is a great place to be depth wise. 

7 hours ago, natedawg3535 said:

imagine if the bills get daryl williams now

Let's imagine that 

LT Neshke 

LG Dawkins 

C Morse 

RG Mongo, Long or Teller

RT Williams 

This is the best case scenario in my opinion.  Dawkins can be a pro bowl level guard. I dont think it's the best line in the league but definitely can be top 10.

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Side note that this guy can play center as well. He has experience at all three interior spots, like Spencer Long. In essence, you have Morse, Long, Feliciano, Bodine, and Sirles who can all snap/play center. And that is a great place to be depth wise. 

Can we get away with cutting Bodine? I'm also wondering if Boettger is a guy we can crosstrain at center 

10 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I have just watched the clips posted here on this thread, what on Earth were you looking at?

Let me guess you saw the tubby college picture and decided that was enough for an analysis?

I see a guy killing DT #99 (Al Woods) for Indy over and over again, making his life miserable

After stuffing #99 on most plays he then looks to the second level and is quick enough to pancake #53 a few times.

#53 is Darius Leonard, the Defensive Rookie of the Year and First team All-pro.

go figure you can block more than one guy on a single play, even a DROY/ All Pro...

On the last play of the Indy clip he takes DE #92 (Margus Hunt) all away across the field and pancakes him

Against SF he easily diagnoses his assignment and uses #99 DT Sheldon Day's momentum against him and the defender gets a face

full of turf. Mongo then goes hunting on the second level again and blows up LB Elijah Lee (#47).

The Raiders probably let Kelechi Osemele go because they had Feliciano to fill in the void.

The Jets stole their friend and then the Bills stole their lunch money.

I urge you to watch those clips. That big guy doing his job on the line, then blowing up linebackers after is Feliciano.

This was a tremendous under the radar pick up.

I love the temperament and recognition...I hate the fact that he seems to prefer using his shoulders and hips to his hands.

Hopefully Bobby Johnson can coach him up to improve his hand usage/placement, otherwise I could see him getting abused by hand-fighters like Leonard Williams.

Nevertheless I agree that this is a high-upside move.

1 minute ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

Can we get away with cutting Bodine? I'm also wondering if Boettger is a guy we can crosstrain at center 

With the Felciano add, yes I think so. Boettger learning to snap really is a good idea, but I don't think he has ever done it. He did play a lot of RT at Iowa so he is somewhat versatile. Sirles can play center and was the backup towards the end of the season. With Morse's injury history, I would honestly keep Bodine, just because he is a natural center and having depth there is important. 

I'm pretty sure they kept nine guys last year. So currently: 

Dawkins-Feliciano-Morse-Long-Nsekhe

Bodine-Teller-McDermott

Sirles or Boettger

Now obviously we will probably add more and there is the draft left to go. But I don't think this regime wants a starter to also serve as a backup center, because you then have lots of guys moving around if there is an injury. I think that is why they never let Groy play any guard, even though he was probably better than John Miller. So I think you want a backup who can play all three interior positions. If Teller winds up being a starter at guard, Bodine is gone, because then either Long or Feliciano become the backup who can play all three interior positions. 

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the Felciano add, yes I think so. Boettger learning to snap really is a good idea, but I don't think he has ever done it. He did play a lot of RT at Iowa so he is somewhat versatile. Sirles can play center and was the backup towards the end of the season. With Morse's injury history, I would honestly keep Bodine, just because he is a natural center and having depth there is important. 

I'm pretty sure they kept nine guys last year. So currently: 

Dawkins-Feliciano-Morse-Long-Nsekhe

Bodine-Teller-McDermott

Sirles or Boettger

Now obviously we will probably add more and there is the draft left to go. But I don't think this regime wants a starter to also serve as a backup center, because you then have lots of guys moving around if there is an injury. I think that is why they never let Groy play any guard, even though he was probably better than John Miller. So I think you want a backup who can play all three interior positions. If Teller winds up being a starter at guard, Bodine is gone, because then either Long or Feliciano become the backup who can play all three interior positions. 

I see. I didn't realize Sirles can play center, that helps him a lot because McDermott mentioned at the combine how for the sake of the active gameday roster, you don't want too many one-position offensive linemen, so I thought they may try and replace Bodine altogether with someone more capable at guard.

I didn't think (Connor) McDermott looked great last year and they seemed to like Sirles better, you still interested in McDermott as a developmental guy?

6 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I see. I didn't realize Sirles can play center, that helps him a lot because McDermott mentioned at the combine how for the sake of the active gameday roster, you don't want too many one-position offensive linemen, so I thought they may try and replace Bodine altogether with someone more capable at guard.

I didn't think (Connor) McDermott looked great last year and they seemed to like Sirles better, you still interested in McDermott as a developmental guy?

Eh, for now yes, but I'm assuming they add draft picks and such. I think he should get a chance to compete at least. 

Sirles is the ultimate back-up because he can play all five positions. He isn't great, but it helps to have that versatility on the roster. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah, I don't think the Bills have given up on Boettger or McDermott, and I think they still draft someone, maybe two, in the first few rounds. But, on paper, our line is already much better. And one thing is obvious, they like guys with versatility. All the new signees (except Morse? But I think I saw he played guard--maybe not) have played other positions in the NFL. That counts for something, a lot of something.

Unless the price on Williams has fallen through the floor, I think it's a bit of a pipe dream to suggest we'll get him too after these signings.

8 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Yeah, I don't think the Bills have given up on Boettger or McDermott, and I think they still draft someone, maybe two, in the first few rounds. But, on paper, our line is already much better. And one thing is obvious, they like guys with versatility. All the new signees (except Morse? But I think I saw he played guard--maybe not) have played other positions in the NFL. That counts for something, a lot of something.

That's my view too, they've set themselves up to be versatile along the line and the best guys earn their spots.  Also something to be said that if someone goes down we have potential for the whole line to not fall apart.

52 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Unless the price on Williams has fallen through the floor, I think it's a bit of a pipe dream to suggest we'll get him too after these signings.

$40 million left give or take, remove the draft pick pool and there's still $30 million or so. They can afford Williams if they want him and that would put them in a great spot to draft BPA at 9.

I don't care if they sign a tackle and draft a guard or vice versa, but I don't want them to be done yet. In a perfect world, Nsekhe (swing tackle), Feliciano (guard) and Spencer Long or Wyatt Teller (whichever doesn't start) are your backups. Sirles can stay too if they choose to keep 9. 

5 minutes ago, JM57 said:

$40 million left give or take, remove the draft pick pool and there's still $30 million or so. They can afford Williams if they want him and that would put them in a great spot to draft BPA at 9.

I don't care if they sign a tackle and draft a guard or vice versa, but I don't want them to be done yet. In a perfect world, Nsekhe (swing tackle), Feliciano (guard) and Spencer Long or Wyatt Teller (whichever doesn't start) are your backups. Sirles can stay too if they choose to keep 9. 

Oh I agree, I don't want them to be done either.  But we just spent A LOT of money on backups with starters still available if that's the case.

• Awesome! (+1) 1