G Jon Feliciano (Raiders) to the Bills

sven233

52 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Scouting report when he came out of college wasn't real promising, but he could have developed some.  He was rated then as a priority free agent.  He needed work on hand usage, and he was described with the dreaded adjective "pear shaped."  In his favor, his pass blocking was pretty good in college, allowing a total of four sacks over 3 years.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-finland-government/finlands-cabinet-quits-over-failure-to-deliver-healthcare-reform-idUSKCN1QP0R6

At this point, I would call him competition rather than an upgrade until we know more.

I appreciate the update on Finland’s healthcare crisis though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I disagree with Morse recent injuries I think Bodine important for depth.

Maybe, but Long is a C too. I think Long steps into the Groy roll. Even if he’s starting at G he can slide to C and Teller or a rookie can step in at G if need be.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Get Julio and it will look A LOT better. Beasley and Brown are solid additions but need that one big addition to put them over the top, IMO.

I need a “true” #1 receiver!  Waaaaahhhhh!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, End The Drought said:

Watch these highlights, he is lined up right to Center from this view (LG).

This dude is a mauling beast! He destroys tackles and is always looking second level.

On the last play he clears his guy all the away across the field and pancakes him.

And his nickname is 'Mongo?'

I may have a new favorite Buffalo Bill.

Meet your new LG guys. Dawkins life just got a lot easier.

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

486537086.jpg.0.jpg

Bills to sign former Raiders OL Jon Feliciano

Feliciano has been a starting-level guard for a while but guard has been one of the Raiders’ strongest positions, so he hasn’t gotten a real shot with Oakland. Now he will get his chance to shine as he protects Bills quarterback Josh Allen in the snowy climes of western New York.

It’s sad to see Feliciano go, but he deserves his chance to start and make his mark on the AFC East. Happy trails to Mongo. The Raiders will surely be looking for more guard depth in the very near future.

Great information here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Scouting report when he came out of college wasn't real promising, but he could have developed some.  He was rated then as a priority free agent.  He needed work on hand usage, and he was described with the dreaded adjective "pear shaped."  In his favor, his pass blocking was pretty good in college, allowing a total of four sacks over 3 years.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-finland-government/finlands-cabinet-quits-over-failure-to-deliver-healthcare-reform-idUSKCN1QP0R6

At this point, I would call him competition rather than an upgrade until we know more.

Seems to me, all OLinemen signed are more pass blockers than run blockers... Add the new receivers for speed and slot + TE... I sense a really pass happy Bills team this coming season! While I do like a good run game, this could be a really vertical, long pass happy team that's very entertaining. Is it built for November & December weather though?

7 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

When are the “Comp Picks” peeps gonna chime in?

They are crying in their pillows over the 6th round pick we won’t get now. 

13 minutes ago, Frez said:

Looks like a depth guy.........?

I bet he starts.  I’d imagine he’ll beat our Teller for LG

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

Whats with the link to Finlands government & their healthcare reform? Get your links mixed up? lol

Oops.  I posted that link on another message board for an entirely different subject.  I thought I'd copied the NFL.com link, but I guess I didn't  The Finland link was still in my clipboard. LOL

Here's the right link:  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jon-feliciano?id=2552343

The good news is it sounds like he's played better as a pro than his college scouting report suggested he would.  I still think he's probably more competition than a clear upgrade, but competition is good in any case.

Edited by TigerJ

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Never heard of him. But love his perseverance and grit, not just for football, but how about for life: grows up in a dysfunctional home, overcomes that adversity with the help of some really great friends. Overcomes more tragedy when losing one of those friends. Loves his wife and daughter, and his childhood friends through them. Buffalo will embrace you Jon Feliciano = Instant fan favorite!!!!