Using remaining cap dollars for extensions

I'd like to see a G or edge guy still brought in.  But with remaining dollars I'd like to see some extensions, in particular for Hyde and Poyer.  They make an excellent tandem and extending them now would be a move that would help keep our D solid.   I'd even consider doing Tradaveous or Milano now.  Certainly nextyear though on them given they'll have around 100 million in space 

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I'd like to see a G or edge guy still brought in.  But with remaining dollars I'd like to see some extensions, in particular for Hyde and Poyer.  They make an excellent tandem and extending them now would be a move that would help keep our D solid.   I'd even consider doing Tradaveous or Milano now.  Certainly nextyear though on them given they'll have around 100 million in space 

We have this left this year:

image.png.b81da864de672d6a25d3fa6192b95f71.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Like you said they have close to 100 next year.  They can get some people done next year that need to be done.  imho

Go Bills!

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

We have this left this year:

image.png.b81da864de672d6a25d3fa6192b95f71.png

Just an FYI that Spotrac doesn't currently have the contract details for Gore, Kevin Johnson, or Ty Nsekhe, so those guys aren't included in that $45M total. So the real total leftover is less. It also doesn't account for the approximately $9M needed to sign our draft picks (as currently projected by Spotrac), and whatever other money we'd want to carry over into next year for signing guys mid-season as guys get hurt.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just an FYI that Spotrac doesn't currently have the contract details for Gore, Kevin Johnson, or Ty Nsekhe, so those guys aren't included in that $45M total. So the real total leftover is less. It also doesn't account for the approximately $9M needed to sign our draft picks (as currently projected by Spotrac), and whatever other money we'd want to carry over into next year for signing guys mid-season as guys get hurt.

Correct - Just trying to keep a running total going. He is adding them little by little

Edited by Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I wouldn't extend White until his contract is up. I wouldn't extend Milano until his rookie contract is up. No sense in paying more for a player you don't have too. 

There's a couple reasons you'd sign White early.  However , it's a year early, so I wouldn't consider it until next year.  One is, reward a player that has out performed his rookie contract and protect against him playing careful in his final year.  Second is, while you'd have to calculate the difference in re-newing his contract vs his rookie contract pay a year early, you'd likely pay less per year vs waiting. 

I just think he's the linchpin.  But yeah with three years you can wait.  Definitely next year tthoughthough

Next year?  Absolutely not and it's not even a discussion, they will not do that.

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

There's a couple reasons you'd sign White early.  However , it's a year early, so I wouldn't consider it until next year.  One is, reward a player that has out performed his rookie contract and protect against him playing careful in his final year.  Second is, while you'd have to calculate the difference in re-newing his contract vs his rookie contract pay a year early, you'd likely pay less per year vs waiting. 

Next year?  Absolutely not and it's not even a discussion, they will not do that.

Why not?  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Why not?  

How many players in the NFL that are not superstars can you name that have been signed to extensions with 2-3 years remaining on their contract.  It really doesn't happen and we would be giving money and cap space away for no reason.

49 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

Like you said they have close to 100 next year.  They can get some people done next year that need to be done.  imho

Go Bills!

It’s whY I think we grab another G, and can focus on other things in the draft.  Fun off season.  With the bank we have next year, 2020 could be fun if these guys are smart.