Please don't forget our other new WR.......

Think about Duke like a free lottery ticket...

Sure, he's got a chance to hit, and if so, you're in the money with absolutely nothing invested! If he doesn't, and odds are probably against him hitting, it's (hopefully) nothing you were counting on as an investment strategy... 

Edited by glazeduck

Part of me wonders if we'd be this excited about a guy named Fred Williams. There's just something about the name "Duke" that inspires confidence. 

Edit: also, the CFL is a great place for a WR to hone his craft. I've always wondered why more stand outs there aren't given the same chance. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 2

Personally, I'm not excited about the Beasley signing... I was very much hoping we'd get Humphries as our slot WR, instead.

I don't have a ton of faith Williams will prove to be worth anything, but I'd love it if he did.

Regardless, Brown was a really solid addition to our WR corps... just gotta hope he can stay healthy.

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

He got kicked off the auburn team his sr year and had done nothing that season through 5 games. Caught for 730 his Jr year. Yes dominated in JUCO and high school.

Did not make the rams roster in 2016. 

Auburn was run heavy offense when he was there.  If you watched the games though, his talent still stood out and he made some tremendous plays.  I clearly remember being "wow'd" by him numerous times.

2 hours ago, VW82 said:

Part of me wonders if we'd be this excited about a guy named Fred Williams. There's just something about the name "Duke" that inspires confidence. 

Edit: also, the CFL is a great place for a WR to hone his craft. I've always wondered why more stand outs there aren't given the same chance. 

It’s because of Duke Nukem 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Personally, I'm not excited about the Beasley signing... I was very much hoping we'd get Humphries as our slot WR, instead.

I don't have a ton of faith Williams will prove to be worth anything, but I'd love it if he did.

Regardless, Brown was a really solid addition to our WR corps... just gotta hope he can stay healthy.

When healthy Beasley is a chain moving machine in short yardage situations. I'm sure McBeane will be drafting a receiving stud in the 2-3 round range to compete with Zay, Duke and McKenzie. I think Brown, Foster and Beasley are locks to start.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

When healthy Beasley is a chain moving machine in short yardage situations. I'm sure McBeane will be drafting a receiving stud in the 2-3 round range to compete with Zay, Duke and McKenzie. I think Brown, Foster and Beasley are locks to start.

Exactly my thoughts. Cole has hands and foster earned that last spot last year. Plus two speed nbn guys and one of the best possession guys in the league. I like it, all three spots filled for less than one AB diva. 

4 hours ago, Mooshocker said:

So, I love the John Brown and Cole Beasley signings.  I think it compliments our current WR's and I also feel it spells the end of Mr. Unreliable, Zay "Hands of Stone" Jones.  But lest we forget our own version of DK Metcalf who is already signed, sealed and delivered.....Duke Williams.  What say you?

None of these guys are established #1s but I think we are now deep at WR in my opinion.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Rooting for him but did not want to count on him.......

Like with most situations with the bills it seems when we hard address a position.....then players you didnt count on end up being good........

I hope he is a bill for a long time

already day dreaming of the 4 wide lineup  with brown, duke, zay/beasley and foster. josh will set season record for 20+ completions.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

agree about beasley

5 hours ago, Mooshocker said:

So, I love the John Brown and Cole Beasley signings.  I think it compliments our current WR's and I also feel it spells the end of Mr. Unreliable, Zay "Hands of Stone" Jones.  But lest we forget our own version of DK Metcalf who is already signed, sealed and delivered.....Duke Williams.  What say you?

Duke Williams is hardly the athletic specimen Metcalf is.

• Like (+1) 1