It's early in FA, but...

eball

...who was it that said the Bills couldn't "fix" the offense in one offseason and that Beane/McD told the Pegulas it was a four year rebuild?

Let me see...three O-linemen, two WRs, a TE -- four or five of them projected starters -- before the draft.  It's almost as if -- gasp -- they had a plan for what to do with all of the cap money they cleared by releasing or trading away bad contracts!

Just like a lot of us have said all along...this is the year the Bills expect to make the jump to perennial playoff team.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, eball said:

...who was it that said the Bills couldn't "fix" the offense in one offseason and that Beane/McD told the Pegulas it was a four year rebuild?

Let me see...three O-linemen, two WRs, a TE -- four or five of them projected starters -- before the draft.  It's almost as if -- gasp -- they had a plan for what to do with all of the cap money they cleared by releasing or trading away bad contracts!

Just like a lot of us have said all along...this is the year the Bills expect to make the jump to perennial playoff team.

I gave them 3. Figured we would be doing this now and this draft going after true BPA would get us over the hump. 

2 minutes ago, eball said:

not to say that their plan isn't/wasn't good but, i think a large amount of how it transpires depends upon how well or not Allen elevates his play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

not to say that their plan isn't/wasn't good but, i think a large amount of how it transpires depends upon how well or not Allen elevates his play.

Of course it does.  But they got their QB in Y2 and gave him a season of playing, which was the plan.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

We have spent money and filled holes. But even with the money spent, we haven't set ourselves for cap purgatory down the line. 

Yes Sir. Best part comes draft time when Beane & Co. can pick the best player available and not overreach for need.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, eball said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7261875

ftr. I am really impressed to this point. imagine, the draft is yet to come.

GO BILLS!!!

They are doing pretty much exactly what I have been saying they would do all off season and even during the season.  

• Bring in 2 guys likely at WR - Check
  • Sign 2 or 3 Vets on the OL to shore it up - Check
  • Grab a Corner in FA - Check
  • Sign a solid TE (to likely draft a playmaker) - Check

I am thrilled up to this point and the best part is we haven't done any bone head contracts like some of the terrible ones going around the NFL like Kwon, Collins, etc.  

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

^ this guy :lol:

It's time to get a hobby if you've prioritized telling people "I told you so" about UFA signings on day 2 of the new league year. <_<   

Pat yourself on the back.  Job well done.  Yep, it's guaranteed they're taking down NE in the division now. 

Didn't anyone learn the lesson that "winning the off-season" ain't all it's cut out to be?  Doesn't matter...egos are involved and ripping fellow fans is the status quo.