OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

MAJBobby

He's a bit below average. 32 years old. Better than Mills by a fair amount. Good awareness. Average run and pass blocking skills. Some injury concern, but he should be ready to go now.

My guess is that D Williams' knee is a concern or he's holding out for crazy money and Beane is not going to chase. Otherwise he would have been signed by now, right? I have no other information on him right now. Maybe somone else is expected to sign him? 

I excpect Nsekhe to start at RT as we develop his eventual replacement and go DT in round 1 (Oliver!). OT , TE or G in round 2? Not a great signing, but a decent one since this was a weak OT FA market.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

Like the Spencer Long signing, because of his age (despite his relatively low mileage), this is a bet-hedging signing that gives us options and flexibility. Nsekhe can play 4 spots along the line and could start for us at LT, LG, RT - so basically anywhere we feel he gives us an advantage. If we draft a RT like Jonah Williams, Nsekhe can play LG. If we draft an inside player to compete with Teller, Nsekhe can play RT. You need swing guards and tackles in this league and he appears to be a very smart addition. He'll most likely start at RT, but can push Dawkins at LT should that be necessary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't know enough about him other than the scouting reports I'm reading. Seems like a solid depth lineman. He shouldn't preclude us from drafting a lineman in the first 2 rounds. 

I'm really liking our depth. A starting guard would be welcome. Saffold? Spain? 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

New starting RT

soid vet

I almost wonder if he will beat Dawkins out for LT and we move Dawkins to RT.

Beane did a great job filling holes in free agency. Looking like there is a good chance we go defence in round one. I’m fine with that after all these signings.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He's a bit below average. 32 years old. Better than Mills by a fair amount. Good awareness. Average run and pass blocking skills. Some injury concern, but he should be ready to go now.

My guess is that D Williams' knee is a concern or he's holding out for crazy money and Beane is not going to chase. Otherwise he would have been signed by now I guess. Ihave no other information on him right now. Maybe somone else is expected to sign him? 

I excpect this guy to start at RT as we develop his eventual replacement and go DT in round 1. Not a great signing, but a decent one since OT was a very weak position in this FA crop.

He has so far dropped off the face of the earth - no one has heard anything on him

1 minute ago, Iamkrgr said:

I don't know enough about him other than the scouting reports I'm reading. Seems like a solid depth lineman. He shouldn't preclude us from drafting a lineman in the first 2 rounds. 

I'm really liking our depth. A starting guard would be welcome. Saffold? Spain? 

Sounds like he might be the next Alexander. A guy that is going to play his best ball in his 30’s. Finally getting his shot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Seems like he is universally loved by all the NFL analyst/draftnik sort of guys.

Plus his PFF and actual stats are pretty impressive.   

Looks like a very solid signing

Yet there are still TBD Bills fans that don't like this, naturally ?

Solid signing to say the least - get our boy some protection and weapons!!

• Like (+1) 2