OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

MAJBobby

I think they'll play around with the lineup and definitely add some more pieces, but from what I have read I would not be shocked to see him at LT sometime in the near future. At very least this is flexibility in case Dion can't get back to form after a meh year. We're essentially paying a starting LT (or at least one that could be) a swing tackle salary. I love it. 

Also, the argument "he's never been a starter" or "he's always been passed over" is one of the silliest arguments in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TOboy said:

I think one of the benefits of this deal is it gives us flexibility. We could add another G or T in FA or the draft, whatever the best option that comes up.

Yeah - look at NE's constantly evolving offensive line, lot of flex on that crew.  Crazy that they lose solder - draft his replacement (and netted a pick in the 3rd round in the 2019 draft) and then some random guy steps up and they win the super bowl.  Now the random guy cashes in and now they probably get a 2021 3rd rounder.  And still have the 1st round pick from 2018 ready to step in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Nsekhe not only provides the Bills a quality lineman, it gives them great flexibility in the draft. He can play well at LT, RT, and both guard spots. If they draft starting level guys, he'll be an elite backup. If they don't, he can be a more than capable starter for a couple years.

Win-win.

You can't find a soul out there with a bad thing to say about this dude's play on the field. Redskins fans and writers love him and didn't want to lose him. The analytics crowd call him better than half the starting tackles in the NFL.

Love it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JOSH ALLEN IS GOAT said:

This signing tells me the bills are drafting an offensive lineman Greg little or Jonah Williams probaly 

OR maybe a David Edward's from Wisconsin in the 3rd . He's a converted TE but is a mualer just needs a 1yr or 2 of development.  

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Looks like starting money...

My opinion is that the signing of Nsekhe, like some of the other FA signings, gives the Bills the opportunity to select the best player the fits their needs (OL, DL, WR, TE) without having a glaring hole. Morse is a solid starter. Both WRs are potential starters, but neither is a star #1 WR.

So wondering if OBD is thinking of starting Oline that looks like this:

Nsekhe LT - Long LG - Morse C - Teller RG - Dawkins RT

Long and Nsekhe played together in DC.  Long played well at LG for Jets last year when moved from C.  Teller and Dawkins swap sides where they will still have chemistry.

Nsekhe, Long and Morse are way more athletic, stronger and meaner than Ducasse/ Miller Groy,/Bodine and Mills.

Just now, rodneykm said:

He's more proven. 

Well, he had one all-pro season, but he's only been a full-time starter for 2.  He's also coming off a bad knee injury.

Nsekhe, on the other hand, is a low-mileage 34 years old--only 16 starts since 2013. His level of play has been quite high when called upon.

For the difference in dollars, I think this signing makes a ton of sense.

51 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I said it in another thread, he is 33 but don’t be caught off guard by that. He floated around the league for years in and out of the NFL and Practice squads so there isn’t a lot of tread on the tires. He can play Tackle or Guard. 

I think he is the starting RT. Was stuck behind Trent Williams and Morgan Moses but when he did play at Tackle and Guard he was very highly graded. 

This is is a sound pickup. 

yep, i saw u mention him in that thread yesterday. Props to u for bringing him up as a guy we could target, where nobody else thought he'd be an option. From what I've seen of him he looks like a diamond in the rough. 6'8" of rough

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, scribo said:

The purpose of this signing is simple: Ensure the Bills can draft the best player available. No glaring needs in April means we can fully benefit from other teams' reaches.

Exactly.  When the Bills are on the clock at #9, they can trade down or draft whatever position they think gives them the best value: offensive tackle, tight end, wide receiver, defensive tackle, edge, linebacker-whatever.  There's no position where they will have to face the prospect of starting a scrub if they don't draft a guy high.  If they draft an offensive tackle, and he beats out Nsekhe or Dawkins, so be it.

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Holy crap that's awful. Oh my. I'm not usually an overreaction guy, but this is a league minimum guy imo. Maybe I'm wrong. 

I could be wrong too but I saw somewhere he graded our higher than any of our O-linemen.  I aint mad about it

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like right now it’s a trade down to the teens/Jonah Williams or TJ Hockenson. If stay put, a DL BPA, Oliver or Wilkins 

I'm happy with either scenario. A beast for the defense or gain an additional second rounder and grab a guy like Hockenson. Actually I would love that second option. I trust McDermott to get the most out of the defense without adding any 'big' names this year, and I'm getting greedy for more offense right now as I want Allen to have as many weapons around him as possible. I'd love it if we bombed some teams off the field this year

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

wow, what if he was really good enough to push dion to the right?  they could conceivably draft wisner and maybe lindstrom. i'm impressed so far fo sho.

You don't want Dawkins on the right--he struggles moving that direction.  If Dawkins moves, it should be to LG.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

He's more proven. 

You know the only OTs on this team right now are McDermott and Dawkins. They need a swing and that is what this is. Versatility all over and when details are out is nothing more than a 1 year deal watch. 

• Like (+1) 1