OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

MAJBobby

4 hours ago, dezertbill said:

I really like this signing.  But it still doesn't keep the Bills from drafting OL in first round.

He's 33, and only signed for 2 years.  So is Feliciano, who is a fringe starter.  We need studs.  Williams fits the Bill.

Had a really good post typed up and hit the back button on my phone browser and wiped it away so I'm gonna just give a quick and easy summary of what I was saying...

We want these guys to be top flight backups on this team. They seem to have shown that's what they are on their previous teams, it's expecting a lot of them to be GOOD starters. Just because they're better than Mills and Ducasse doesn't mean this team should be patting themselves on the back and calling it a day if they're serious about keeping Allen protected

Edited by JM57

6 hours ago, dezertbill said:

I really like this signing.  But it still doesn't keep the Bills from drafting OL in first round.

He's 33, and only signed for 2 years.  So is Feliciano, who is a fringe starter.  We need studs.  Williams fits the Bill.

There are several ways the Bills can go but I  wouldn’t draft Williams at ninth overall. He looks like a guard in the NFL.  And I still think that they believe Dawkins can be a left tackle so I would be surprised if they went offensive line in the first round. 

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

There are several ways the Bills can go but I  wouldn’t draft Williams at ninth overall. He looks like a guard in the NFL.  And I still think that they believe Dawkins can be a left tackle so I would be surprised if they went offensive line in the first round. 

I totally agree that Jonah Williams is a Guard, and I doubt we spend #9 on a guy we need to project at another position. If we go OL at 9, it'll be Jawaan Taylor or Dillard. Dawkins is a very average LT, but could be a top-5 OG. I doubt they move him there, but I'd understand if they did.

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif

billsb_logo.gif Bills sign OT Ty Nsekhe (2 years, $14.5 million; $7.7 million guaranteed): B Grade 
Ty Nsekhe has done a good job of filling in for Trent Williams or Morgan Moses when needed in recent years, so it's nice to see him get a chance to start. It's unclear if Nsekhe can handle a full-time role, but the Bills aren't taking much of a risk by giving him just $7.7 million guaranteed. 

Either way, Nsekhe will be an upgrade over the anemic Jordan Mills, so this is a solid signing. The only downside with Nsekhe, aside from his lack of full-time starting experience, is that he turns 34 in October, so he could be in for some regression. Still, he's worth the minimal risk, so this signing should be in the B+/B range. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#ixzz5iFu9dynH

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#PopJP9iFZSK9p4pd.99

• Like (+1) 1

I think this might end up being our best signing. It would not surprise me if he gave us 3 years of top ten LT play. 

Heres an article on his all 22 film:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/15/18266456/all-22-analysis-buffalo-bills-free-agent-addition-lineman-ty-nsekhe-washington-football-team

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

I have now read from several sites that Ty Nsekhe was our biggest haul. They graded him out as an A or A+ Swing Tackle. And I could see Ty at LT and move Dawkins to LG. Draft Jonah Williams as RT. Long at RG. That would be an amazing Oline. Hats off to BB so far....

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

I've seen all of it. It doesn't mean I understand the hype. I've seen people locking him in to start at left tackle. I've seen people thinking the Bills will get "top ten" level play out of him. 

There are some incredibly high hopes here for a guy who has shown to be a top tier backup and spot starter. It's a HUGE leap from "best backup" to "good starter."

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

I've seen all of it. It doesn't mean I understand the hype. I've seen people locking him in to start at left tackle. I've seen people thinking the Bills will get "top ten" level play out of him. 

There are some incredibly high hopes here for a guy who has shown to be a top tier backup and spot starter. It's a HUGE leap from "best backup" to "good starter."

I agree. Hold Your horses!!

On 3/15/2019 at 6:21 AM, JM57 said:

Had a really good post typed up and hit the back button on my phone browser and wiped it away so I'm gonna just give a quick and easy summary of what I was saying...

We want these guys to be top flight backups on this team. They seem to have shown that's what they are on their previous teams, it's expecting a lot of them to be GOOD starters. Just because they're better than Mills and Ducasse doesn't mean this team should be patting themselves on the back and calling it a day if they're serious about keeping Allen protected

I wonder if they want top-flight backups because they plan on taking riskier, 'higher ceiling/lower floor' type OL in the draft. 

If over the next two years the above drafted players get close to their ceiling, then they're high-quality starters. If they don't come close, the Bills have serviceable players to fill in in the meantime, and can draft/sign bluechip guys in 2 years.

• SDS unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

I wonder if they want top-flight backups because they plan on taking riskier, 'higher ceiling/lower floor' type OL in the draft. 

If over the next two years the above drafted players get close to their ceiling, then they're high-quality starters. If they don't come close, the Bills have serviceable players to fill in in the meantime, and can draft/sign bluechip guys in 2 years.

Thoughtful post !

i want to say i am going to cheer for this Kid. His background story is enough, if his demeanor were not : )

love The Process

I am all on board this hype train.  This guy wasn't on my radar, but wow, just went over some all 22 of him and I'm really impressed.

Watched the Falcons game.  He started at LT and I didn't see him get beat once.  They must have had an injury or something as he played most of the 2nd half at left guard- equally effective.  Stud.

This guy is a sure fire starter.  What a value signing.

• Like (+1) 2

Ty Nsekhe, OT, Buffalo Bills

The deal: Two years, $14.5 million, $7.7 million guaranteed

Why it's underrated: You really have to dig deep for why we love Nsekhe, seeing as he has never played more than 403 snaps in a single season. When you take into consideration his performance over his last three seasons in Washington -- where he played just 1,093 snaps -- you get one of the better tackles in the NFL. Over that span, Nsekhe has an overall PFF grade of 71.6 and has been good in both pass protection and in the run game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/26263726/picking-most-underrated-overrated-2019-nfl-free-agent-signings

Top 5 most underrated signings.... 2 bills cracked the list

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1