OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

MAJBobby

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

I don't recall Dawkins ever playing guard,both here and/or Temple.

He played some snaps his first year in a couple of different games in relief of Richie when he got banged up and had to miss a series or two. And a lot (me included) think his skillset is a better fit there. 

That said you are right - pretty much his whole career has been at LT. I wouldn't be against Dawkins going to LG but I don't see an upgrade at LT. Nsheke certainly isnt. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Looks like starting money...

it may be that he can be the first man in at either tackle money, like Ryan Groy has been on the interior. That or he will be competing for RT with someone who isnt on the roster yet (draft)

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Definitely starter money but sounds like reasonable value at least. 

I can't argue with it. I saw a few tweets, we can pretty much walk away from all of our FA signings next year with no cap hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He played some snaps his first year in a couple of different games in relief of Richie when he got banged up and had to miss a series or two. And a lot (me included) think his skillset is a better fit there. 

That said you are right - pretty much his whole career has been at LT. I wouldn't be against Dawkins going to LG but I don't see an upgrade at LT. Nsheke certainly isnt. 

If the plan is to move Dawkins inside...then solidify the left side with Taylor.Williams is still a key here at right tackle...and let Wyatt fight for his life against Long for RG. I'm not so sure about all the shifting,but it could be a possible scenario?

I look at it this way: we have a new starting center, and we have a couple very versatile OL who may or may not start next year. If our new backups are better than our old starters, we are definitely going in the right direction! I’m thrilled so far. Bring on the draft! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ty says he is more comfortable at LT.

Does this mean they are moving Dawkins to G if they sign Williams?

Does this mean they are moving Dawkins to RT if they don't sign Williams?

I don't really see this ending a pursuit of Daryl Williams.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Ive seen about 10 analysts rave about this guy.   

Ive never seen anyone rave about anything Mills has done. 

I never even saw mills on a list of available free agents, he a nobody 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, vincec said:

He's not better than Mills, IMO.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-nfl-free-agent-tracker

Here is a comprehensive live of fas at all positions ordered by 2018 overall grade. Number of snaps played is listed to recognize players with small samples. Nsekhe who plays tackle and guard, but played mostly tackle for the skins, is listed as the top tackle still left (he was 4th to begin with) and the 4th best guard available. (Not sure if the higher listed guards have signed yet). Not saying pff is the authority but I would bet every analyst would agree he is better than Mills.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1