OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

MAJBobby

Getting way ahead of myself but 2019 is like the anti-2018. Yes, having a metric ton of cap room is key but contrast the praise being lavished on Nshekhe and with the reactions from signing Newhouse or Bodine last year.

Won't even pretend this guy was on my radar, but the feedback from NFL pundits/fans is positive. FO had a plan and are executing. They chased one "premium" name, and I have no qualms with giving a well-regarded, starting center a large contract. Smart moves with the receivers, and Nsekhe is icing on the cake. Agree with the sentiment it gives us total flexibility in the draft: draft Best Stud Available, or trade back and accumulate picks.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

LEAVE DAWKINS ALONE. 

Want him him to get back to Form PUT A LEGIT LG next to him. 

On it boss! Saffold or Lindstrom please!!!

Edited by TOboy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wow at his pass-blocking vs Clowney, what an animal. That's against a premier NFL DE.  I hate to say it, but even his average plays in that game are better than anything I've seen from Dawkins.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

LEAVE DAWKINS ALONE. 

Want him him to get back to Form PUT A LEGIT LG next to him. 

Agree, I want to see DD renewed and reinvigorated this year, playing alongside quality lineman. Let's judge him after that, last year was a tire fire.

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

I am not saying this is what the Bills will do but what if they played him at guard?

Dawkins-Nsekhe-Morse-Long- (maybe Williams?)

all the reports say he has played at LG as well as LT

Just a thought

I like Nsekhe a LOT better at OT then I do at guard. He's just a bit long and segmented to play guard.  Don't get me wrong, he can do it in a pinch, but this guy's a tackle through and through.

Wait until @Blokestradamus finds out about this...you guys think I'm happy...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

While we may well still improve with an additional signing or draft pick, at this moment in time, we have enough extra bodies to field a new, and much improved O-Line.

I could see Dawkins moved to RT, and Nsekhe at LT, or vice versa. Morse at Center and Long and Teller at Guard. The line is already, by the looks of it, significantly upgraded, and we shouldn't be done yet.

Nsekhe looks like the type of move switched on FOs make, and get right. The tape against Clowney is very impressive, and I can't remember the last time a Bills tackle played that well in one game against a premier rusher. (It was probably Jason Peters, if truth be told)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, he had one all-pro season, but he's only been a full-time starter for 2.  He's also coming off a bad knee injury.

Nsekhe, on the other hand, is a low-mileage 34 years old--only 16 starts since 2013. His level of play has been quite high when called upon.

For the difference in dollars, I think this signing makes a ton of sense.

I live in Redskin territory. This low profile player was highly regarded within the organization. As you and others have pointed out what makes him even more valuable is his versatility. When he replaced the injured all-pro LT, Trent Williams, the offense and line didn't miss a beat. The Redskins knew that any team that made him a respectable offer that they were not in a cap position to retain him. They didn't want to lose him. 

For the most part I like the way our front office has handled this free agent market. They haven't gotten caught up splurging for the glitz but instead have made good value picks. The Beasley and the other two OL acquisitions should put our young qb in a good position to succeed. I'm still perplexed by the Gore pickup but I'm not going to quibble when overall I am pleased. 

LOVE this signing!  He was labeled a major value add in FA, a bargain.  He was a guy I was hoping for if we didn't land one of the other Tackles.  

I am loving our Free Agency overall.  Very good spending so far, getting value while others over pay massively for questionable signings.  

• Like (+1) 2

My guess is that Daryl Williams is pricing himself out of the market for us.

Ju'Wuan James was considered by most to be the #2 Right Tackle available (with Williams #1). 

He signed for $13 million per year, which is Top 10 Left Tackle money. 

Williams is going to want at least the same amount, if not more.

Beane is playing the free agent game right.  He's being aggressive and active, but not drastically overpaying.

He's improving the roster, creating competition and opening up his options in the draft - but not overburdening the cap for future years.

At the end of the day, I think this makes us more balanced across the board, with much better depth in case of injury.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think they'll play around with the lineup and definitely add some more pieces, but from what I have read I would not be shocked to see him at LT sometime in the near future. At very least this is flexibility in case Dion can't get back to form after a meh year. We're essentially paying a starting LT (or at least one that could be) a swing tackle salary. I love it. 

Also, the argument "he's never been a starter" or "he's always been passed over" is one of the silliest arguments in the NFL. 

Let's just hope that Dawkins comes in ready to go and get bk to form and even better. 

13 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I am not saying this is what the Bills will do but what if they played him at guard?

Dawkins-Nsekhe-Morse-Long- (maybe Williams?)

all the reports say he has played at LG as well as LT

Just a thought

Depends on the draft I guess. If we take OT at 9, it could go Dawkins-Nsekhe-Morse-Long/Teller-Rookie. If we go Defense at 9, and pick up Lindstrom in the 2nd, it could look like Dawkins- Lindstrom-Morse-Long/Teller-Nsehke. Either way, its gonna be a huge upgrade

• Like (+1) 2