OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I get how they can manipulate the figure, it seems odd to call a 2 yr deal front loaded or backloaded.  7.7 mill in guarantees still would seem to indicate some sort of cap hit if they cut him yr 2. It sounds like they gave him back up money with potential to be starter money with incentives to me

He'll likely get most of the $7.7 million in guaranteed money this year, meaning no dead cap if they cut him in 2020.   If he works out, he'll then be on essentially a 1-year $7 million contract in 2020, with no dead cap in 2021.    

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

I almost wonder if he will beat Dawkins out for LT and we move Dawkins to RT.

Beane did a great job filling holes in free agency. Looking like there is a good chance we go defence in round one. I’m fine with that after all these signings.

That is definitely a possibility.., he played admirably on the left side

instant upgrade at either tackle

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Today's moves I guess confirm they will do as expected and pick defense in round 1. I'm good with that. Hopefully they grab another receiver and TE in the next two, with a RB thrown in during one of the later rounds. 

We may start to control both lines of scrimmage consistently if we can get another pass rusher.

6 minutes ago, JOSH ALLEN IS GOAT said:

This signing tells me the bills are drafting an offensive lineman Greg little or Jonah Williams probaly 

I feel like right now it’s a trade down to the teens/Jonah Williams or TJ Hockenson. If stay put, a DL BPA, Oliver or Wilkins 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yet there are still TBD Bills fans that don't like this, naturally ?

They only like players they've heard of.    Which is the same old "high price spread" the Bills served up before Beane...

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like right now it’s a trade down to the teens/Jonah Williams or TJ Hockenson. If stay put, a DL BPA, Oliver or Wilkins 

I'd love me some Hockenson but I suspect they have to go defense (probably D-line) with that first pick, given all the resources they've spent on the O...

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

So far they have added players that they see staying for 2-4 years.  I'm waiting for a 1yr contract for someone trying to reestablish value.  Ansah or daryl williams fit this profile.

If they flame out - not on the hook.  If they don't - then we're in the comp pick game in 2020 free agenyc.

Kevin Johnson

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

The thought has crossed my mind as well, but for now I think he's penciled in at RT

I think one of the benefits of this deal is it gives us flexibility. We could add another G or T in FA or the draft, whatever the best option that comes up.

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Gotta love the versatility he brings 

Just now, TOboy said:

I think one of the benefits of this deal is it gives us flexibility. We could add another G or T in FA or the draft, whatever the best option that comes up.

Yep...this is one of the reasons I've been pining for this dude. He can start at any non-center spot, and at worst he's the most valuable OL backup in the game.

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Wow... rave reviews for this guy from...pretty much everyone. 

Maybe he is our starting RT.  

Probably half the cost of a Daryl Williams signing so if we’re moving in another direction, should be interesting to see what we do with that money. 

Zingy Ansah is visiting the Bills tomorrow.  Signing him would take pretty big bucks I think.

Edited by FLFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1