OT Ty Nsekhe (Redskins) to the Bills

MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Like I said.

There are plenty of ways to package a one year deal as effectively 2 by assigning a signing bonus and making the first year guaranteed, with the expectation that unless he impresses he'll be cut for a minor cap hit the next year.

I get how they can manipulate the figure, it seems odd to call a 2 yr deal front loaded or backloaded.  7.7 mill in guarantees still would seem to indicate some sort of cap hit if they cut him yr 2. It sounds like they gave him back up money with potential to be starter money with incentives to me

Ideally he's the starting RT and Dawkins picks his play back up after being a bit complacent and is a solid LT for us. Then they can draft a OT in the middle of the draft to groom as a RT or swing in the future. 

With Morse at C, the line could be significantly improved.

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

This seems bad on all levels.

Why?

By all accounts, he's played more on the left side and is more successful there.  Dawkins struggled last season and if we are moving to a more power run scheme/vertical passing then I doubt Dawkins is the ideal guy to play that style at LT.

• Like (+1) 1

Regardless of whether he starts or not, along with all of the other players we have signed now, we are drastically flipping the depth of this team.  For the first time in a long time, we have had money to go out and build depth at multiple positions.  In the last 2 days, we have turned over almost 1/5 of our roster. And this is without Free Agency officially starting and the draft still to come.  Maybe, just maybe when someone gets hurt now, our talent doesn't fall off a cliff.  Competition and depth is good to have.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Holy crap that's awful. Oh my. I'm not usually an overreaction guy, but this is a league minimum guy imo. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Your horribly wrong this guy can play.  Best value signing of the year book it.  I've been calling this guy to us all off-season.  I even put up a post about him this morning. This guy is the process . He fits in the Hyde/Poyer mold. Good move Beane.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I always root for these type of guys......they put in the work......fight for every inch...nothign taken for granted...and when given their shot they shine.

Hope it works out....would still like to get Williams (OT)

He fought his way up the ladder and apparently he has played very well, at left tackle, no less.  Gotta love this dude.  Watch his arena video.  He buries players all the way into the stands.  lol

• Like (+1) 1