Updated: Salary Cap $32.9 million under 2019 & $75.8 mil under 2020

20 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Then you dont know how to evlaulate the TE postion.  George kittle, 5th rnd, season 2, 1377 yards 88 rec, 1st season only 40 rec.  Gronk 2nd rnd pick, 2nd season 90 balls 1300 yards 17 tds.  In 2017 3 TE went in first round, engram, howard and njoku.  They all had flashes of being good there 1st year but nothing i would write home to mom about and even their 2nd year wasnt great.  So to say they arent good is a broad and useless statement.  In the NFL it take a good TE to usually pick up the NFL game in 2 to 3 years.  Next time know what you are talking about before just coming up with a blanket statement.

Good post and you are talking about Nauta from UGA . Due to his poor combine he is going to be there in the third I think, unless Belichick grabs him. Belichick went down and spent time with Kirby last year in spring practice at UGA. Behold he drafts two Dawgs in the first and second round. I’d like to see Buffalo make a trade back into the late second and grab him if he is there.

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good post and you are talking about Nauta from UGA . Due to his poor combine he is going to be there in the third I think, unless Belichick grabs him. Belichick went down and spent time with Kirby last year in spring practice at UGA. Behold he drafts two Dawgs in the first and second round. I’d like to see Buffalo make a trade back into the late second and grab him if he is there.

Thank you i couldnt remember his name.  I follow the iowa hawkeyes and these 2 TE will be good in the NFL.  I am hoping for fant in the second but i really dont see him lasting that long.  Fant is the better athletically, but TJ doesnt mind getting dirty and being part of the oline.  Fant u will hardly ever see blocking someone.  TJ is technically sound with his blocking, that is why i think you will see him go at 12 to greenbay.  I just dont like spending a high draft pick at 9 for someone that might only get 400 yards on the season when we need to plug that hole from letting RB run all over us.

10 hours ago, bkep32 said:

TE maybe at 40 but not 9.  TE usually dont make an impact til year 2 or 3.  I think we can get Fant or the kid from georgia at 40.  With all this work in FA it gives us the freedom to do what the regime feels is the BPA.  I Cant wait til April 25th the excitement is gunna build til then, my wife is already calling me a weirdo.

Yeah my wife doesn't get it either.  I honestly think I enjoy the off-season just as much as the actual season.  

Ty contract is 7.5mil a year so take that down to 29mil left rookie draft 10 mil...we still have 19 this year.  Still able to pounce on and maneuver if need be.  No need to rush now.  I would save it for our own players.

What's crazy is that as happy as we all seem to be with this year's free agent haul, they stand to be in the top 3 for most cap space in the league again NEXT offseason. Wild.

Of course, in the next couple years, they'll need to start extending their own, but hey...gotta love how fast they turned the salary cap from a hamstringing weakness into a major strength.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/14/2019 at 11:42 AM, Reed83HOF said:

There are lots of ways to maneuver around the cap - we have plenty of room

Maneuvering around the cap is how they got in trouble.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:29 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It's 12:30 in the afternoon now.  No signings announced today yet!  What's Beane doing, out playing golf?  What a deplorable front office!!

Sometimes GMs meet other GMs on golf courses to discuss trades.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Should we be in on Justin Houston?

Trade for a DE?

Roll it over into next year?

Patience.  They have filled many holes, now they should sit back and wait for the right opportunities.  Good players will be cut right before the season begins.

• Like (+1) 1

I would expect some players get cut for cap reasons that might fit for the Bills  Also maybe they keep extra cap space in the event of a really good player being offered for draft picks .  Just good to see the Bills adding talent and having plenty of flexibility cap wise instead of having to restructure and gut the team to plus other holes

On 3/14/2019 at 12:12 PM, simpleman said:

How does it make sense to roll over money to next year if we are in fact in a projected great cap situation next year? It is not like you are getting interest on cap roll overs. Spend it now and make this season count. Otherwise a foolish waste of resources needed to win.

Ok Whaley :rolleyes:

On 3/15/2019 at 4:31 AM, bkep32 said:

Thank you i couldnt remember his name.  I follow the iowa hawkeyes and these 2 TE will be good in the NFL.  I am hoping for fant in the second but i really dont see him lasting that long.  Fant is the better athletically, but TJ doesnt mind getting dirty and being part of the oline.  Fant u will hardly ever see blocking someone.  TJ is technically sound with his blocking, that is why i think you will see him go at 12 to greenbay.  I just dont like spending a high draft pick at 9 for someone that might only get 400 yards on the season when we need to plug that hole from letting RB run all over us.

I think u might have this all wrong. U don't draft run stuffing Dlineman in the first rd. U draft pass rushing Dlineman in the first.  U want a run stuffer go sign Danny Shelton or any other dime a dozen run staffers on the street.