Reed83HOF

Salary Cap updates ~ $33.1 million left in 2019 & $76.3 mil in 2020 (still waiting Waddle)

Posted (edited)

Let's keep the salary cap updates in 1 thread:

image.png.05f8e8bd0d557f835fca0f3a93be5002.png

image.png.74c2f0f6546ccbf90e51a2dadf646d3a.png

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Fingers crossed for Daryl Williams, Stefen Wisinewski (or TJ Lang), and Ziggy Ansah. 

Edited by whatdrought

Just now, whatdrought said:

Fingers crossed for Daryl Williams, Stefen Wisinewski, and Ziggy Ansah. 

No chance they sign all 3. Not enough cap room, unless they cut some current guys. 

It's like my kids at one of those game zones where they collect tickets and get to spend them at the end.

I'll take an army man, 2 yo-yo's, the Chinese finger trick thing, a giant gobstopper and 15 tootsie rolls... OK, how much do I have left?

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, JPL7 said:

No chance they sign all 3. Not enough cap room, unless they cut some current guys. 

I'd like Daryl Williams and Ziggy. I'd be happy for that.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, JPL7 said:

I don't know enough about the cap to know if that's right or not, but I do wonder if it is... We're at about 30 right now after the draft picks. Williams would be in the 10 range (my guess on that because his low market is probably related to that ACL) Wisnewski is probably under 5, and Ansah would be maybe 12-15? I'm probably over simplifying it, but I have found that as soon as anyone thinks they know where a team is limited cap wise, they are wrong.

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think another OL is coming plus a pass rusher.

If they can get a RT and that pass rusher, that will allow them to fill all their apparent needs and have so much flexibility with that first round pick especially.

• Like (+1) 2

we need to save some for next year...

• Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

We're good cap wise for 2-3 years

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

We're projected to have over 100 million in cap space next year, the highest in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

We're good cap wise for 2-3 years

Yes yes we are. McCoy’s up after this year, Murphy’s # can go away if needed. They are in great cap shape going forward 

I don't think they would be committing 7+ to Ty, if they were going after Daryl Williams.  Also, Brown seems a couple mil to high at 9.  I would have thought he'd come in comparable to the contract Beasley got.  Still plenty of room for a pass rusher, or a guard.  Not sold on Teller and Long.

30 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Fingers crossed for Daryl Williams, Stefen Wisinewski (or TJ Lang), and Ziggy Ansah. 

Ansah is making a visit today per Murphy.

Posted (edited)

This isnt exactly how it works...only the top 51 players count toward the cap right now, so you need to subtract the 6 guys in positions 46-51 from this amount since they got replaced by the aforementioned signings.

This probably will be 2.5-3 millionish which would then be added back to the cap.

People gotta know how this works a little better before tweeting wrongly. Its not just simple math.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

This years cap will be adjusted after signing with the possible release of Bodine, Vlad the Impaled, and Ivory

to the tune of another 6.5 million.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ansah is making a visit today per Murphy.

? I could be 100% wrong, but I was pretty sure FA's couldn't visit until Wednesday when the League year actually began? 

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This isnt exactly how it works...only the top 51 players count toward the cap right now, so you need to subtract the 6 guys in positions 46-51 from this amount since they got replaced by the aforementioned signings.

This probably will be 2.5-3 millionish which would then be added back to the cap.

People gotta know how this works a little better before tweeting wrongly. Its not just simple math.

So is that more or less? I hate this stuff. 

Edited by whatdrought

I like the fact that Johnson and Gore are one year deals. Clears cap space quickly. Beane is doing a good job of staggering contracts, and not tying too much money up over similar periods.

Maybe I missed some, but I haven't noticed the really long term contracts.  About time the teams smartened up.  

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

? I could be 100% wrong, but I was pretty sure FA's couldn't visit until Wednesday when the League year actually began? 

So is that more or less? I hate this stuff. 

Probably 2.5-3 million more than what they are estimating due to this. They are basically double counting positions 46-51 

• Like (+1) 1