Updated: Salary Cap $32.9 million under 2019 & $75.8 mil under 2020

1 minute ago, simpleman said:

How does it make sense to roll over money to next year if we are in fact in a projected great cap situation next year? It is not like you are getting interest on cap roll overs. Spend it now and make this season count. Otherwise a foolish waste of resources needed to win.

Don't spend it on crappy players, but you also have to look at  expiring contracts such as Jerry Hughes = roll over $10 million next season and that gives you can "extra" $10 million next season to give him as a bonus payable in year one, which cuts down on dead cap if he has to be cut free later. 

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

It is truly incredible what Beane has accomplished in this UFA period.  The "pay as you go" model he has employed has given us incredible flexibility in the coming years, with the "worst" cap hit we'd have next year if we were to cut a newly-signed player (aside from Morse) being Cole Beasley at $4.5m, netting a savings of $2.6m.  If John Brown were to bust, for example, his dead cap number would be $3.2m and net us $6.5m in savings.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2020/

Amazing...

Ironically, there’s a good bit of overlap between this new found “pay as you go” and the much maligned “cash to cap” in that you aren’t amortizing big bonuses to reduce cap hit and create space at the expense of flexibility to cut. 

• Like (+1) 2

The next round of activity is likely to be a wait and see who gets cut from other teams situation.  Beane does not seem eager to spend every dime available and I would have to guess he is leaving some money available to take actions later.  I really can’t wait for the draft because if it is solid camp will be really interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Ironically, there’s a good bit of overlap between this new found “pay as you go” and the much maligned “cash to cap” in that you aren’t amortizing big bonuses to reduce cap hit and create space at the expense of flexibility to cut. 

Yes.........but of course nowadays most teams have tons of cap space and are no longer pushing cap hits down the road the way they were then.

Back then the Bills were basically tying one hand behind their back in a league where you had to pay big signing bonuses because NOBODY was guaranteeing base salaries back then.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the thought process is his down year last year was because our OL was putrid

We will see

That is true, but he has a 9 million  dollar cap hit. They could get a younger player for more then half that. He looked like he lost a step last year. He was missing holes. 

down to 42.8mil per spotrac, but gore (2mil), roberts (2.5mil), ty(6-7mil???), Feliciano (4mil) are not in yet.  Just not sure on what tys contract was should put us around 27mil with 10 going to rookies, gives us still 17mil.  I think the bills are done with FA.  They made a ton of moves over the last few days.  Im really excited about what OBD has done.  Team will look totally different next season and we have some nice draft capital coming up.  I would have to say bills will be looking at DT/DE at pick 9.  

13 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

down to 42.8mil per spotrac, but gore (2mil), roberts (2.5mil), ty(6-7mil???), Feliciano (4mil) are not in yet.  Just not sure on what tys contract was should put us around 27mil with 10 going to rookies, gives us still 17mil.  I think the bills are done with FA.  They made a ton of moves over the last few days.  Im really excited about what OBD has done.  Team will look totally different next season and we have some nice draft capital coming up.  I would have to say bills will be looking at DT/DE at pick 9.  

Unless something changes which it litterly could at any moment, then I would agree that DT / DE look like a need at 9.  There are so many possibilities though.  A star DT or Pass rusher would all but finish the Defense but a star TE or LT would be so great for Allen.  I think I want a TE but my mind says D / O line.   Man it's gonna be fun ?.  

Edited by Mark92

15 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Unless something changes which it litterly could at any moment, then I would agree that DT / DE look like a need at 9.  There are so many possibilities though.  A star DT or Pass rusher would all but finish the Defense but a star TE or LT would be so great for Allen.  I think I want a TE but my mind says D / O line.   Man it's gonna be fun ?.  

TE maybe at 40 but not 9.  TE usually dont make an impact til year 2 or 3.  I think we can get Fant or the kid from georgia at 40.  With all this work in FA it gives us the freedom to do what the regime feels is the BPA.  I Cant wait til April 25th the excitement is gunna build til then, my wife is already calling me a weirdo.

13 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

TE maybe at 40 but not 9.  TE usually dont make an impact til year 2 or 3.  I think we can get Fant or the kid from georgia at 40.  With all this work in FA it gives us the freedom to do what the regime feels is the BPA.  I Cant wait til April 25th the excitement is gunna build til then, my wife is already calling me a weirdo.

Then they arent good TE's

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The next round of activity is likely to be a wait and see who gets cut from other teams situation.  Beane does not seem eager to spend every dime available and I would have to guess he is leaving some money available to take actions later.  I really can’t wait for the draft because if it is solid camp will be really interesting.

Do players oftentimes get cut this time of year? (Between the first wave of FA and draft.) For whatever reason I don't remember that in years past, but I could be wrong.

Edited by junior12thman92

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

Do players oftentimes get cut this time of year? (Between the first wave of FA and draft.) For whatever reason I don't remember that in years past, but I could be wrong.

I am talking about through the end of preseason.

35 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Then they arent good TE's

Then you dont know how to evlaulate the TE postion.  George kittle, 5th rnd, season 2, 1377 yards 88 rec, 1st season only 40 rec.  Gronk 2nd rnd pick, 2nd season 90 balls 1300 yards 17 tds.  In 2017 3 TE went in first round, engram, howard and njoku.  They all had flashes of being good there 1st year but nothing i would write home to mom about and even their 2nd year wasnt great.  So to say they arent good is a broad and useless statement.  In the NFL it take a good TE to usually pick up the NFL game in 2 to 3 years.  Next time know what you are talking about before just coming up with a blanket statement.  Correction Evan engram could write home to momma cuz he was the 1st rookie TE in 15 years to eclipse 600 yards his rookie season and ended up with 722.  in the NFL the TE postion need to know blocking scheme of the Oline and know how to run the route tree of the WR.  With all the concepts/schemes/match ups it usually takes 2 to 3 years for the TE to catch up to the NFL style of play regardless of how "good" you are.

Edited by bkep32
  • Like (+1) 1