Updated: Salary Cap $32.9 million under 2019 & $75.8 mil under 2020

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Next year we'll pry look at extnding T. White.  Maybe Layson, Hyde, and Poyer as well.

I don’t think there is any question that we have become better at managing the cap. 

11 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Normally I would say just looking at this graph without context, we aren't in great shape when you see the teams we are lumped in with. However, take into account the Lions - theirs was one basically one player - the raiders had 3 players (including AB), we had 9 players. The Jets spent that on Bell and an ILB = not good. They are still in great cap shape, but are overpaying to get players to go there imo

Graphs .. who needs them.   

Let teams make the BIG splash on 1, 2, or 3 guys.

I'm happy with at least 7 of the 9 signings. (I'm discounting the 1 year deals)

62 players IIRC on the team.  

The 30 something needed players for 2020 is now around a 16?  AND $76 Mil !!! 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thanks to Rex Ryan.... who was hired by Pegula.??

Oh the Pegulas have been far from perfect but at least one gets the sense they are now staying out of the way. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, bkep32 said:

i think we have 25+ players that their contracts expire next year.  Should be interesting what beane will do next season, as well.  

The only serious issue they will have is DLine, as Hughes contract expires, JPhillips is on a 1-year, and they have to decide about Lawson. 

Makes a pass-rusher all that more important.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

Oh the Pegulas have been far from perfect but at least one gets the sense they are now staying out of the way. 

The Pegula's were new to being football owners.......and they did what they thought was the right thing to do in supposidly bringing in a "big fish" of the head coaches available

Little did they realize

Rex Ryan was just here collecting a paycheck....then brought his brother in to collect a pay check....these guys did not put NEARLY the the hours in that requires a great coach because well....in their mind we were lucky to have them and they were collecting a paycheck

I cant fault the Pegulas for this....it looks like they are learning.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TPS said:

The only serious issue they will have is DLine, as Hughes contract expires, JPhillips is on a 1-year, and they have to decide about Lawson. 

Makes a pass-rusher all that more important.

Which is exactly why no one should be surprised to see us grab DL in this draft and a draft that is pretty damn deep for this position. I almost feel like this is the first time most people on this board are overall in agreement with our needs and there is relatively little debate on who should be picked (DK being the biggest one)

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Which is exactly why no one should be surprised to see us grab DL in this draft and a draft that is pretty damn deep for this position. I almost feel like this is the first time most people on this board are overall in agreement with our needs and there is relatively little debate on who should be picked (DK being the biggest one)

LOL

Please pass the joint my way....     :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL

Please pass the joint my way....     :lol:

With the exception of DK I should say...

My point is most people seem to agree with DL/OL/TE/WR and there are a lack of strong disagreements over the prospects (Again, except DK)

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

My point is most people seem to agree with DL/OL/TE/WR and there are a lack of strong disagreements over the prospects (Again, except DK)

I would add LB and RB to your list for the top 6 picks.

A couple of notes:

1.  Dead Cap Money is at 7.5 million (4.5 for Clay).  Even if Vlad/Ivory/ a few others are cut they should stay under 10 which will be under league average.

2.  I expect at least another 2 or so FA / Trade moves yet to be made before the draft.  That might affect the draft needs.

3.  Next player to be displaced on the top 51 is Siran Neal at 641k.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I know .....  I was just joking that the majority of TBD is never in agreement 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Up to date:

image.png.c63d250e536a479bb3b67fd43a51043c.png

image.png.7be4095cb4b9a70dc309abd02c50b3a7.png

Estimate$10 million for rookies (whose contracts may not all count towards the top 51) that leaves us with about $22 million left. Imagine rolling $20 million over into next years cap ($95 million) plus cap increase amount.

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Up to date:

image.png.c63d250e536a479bb3b67fd43a51043c.png

image.png.7be4095cb4b9a70dc309abd02c50b3a7.png

Estimate$10 million for rookies (whose contracts may not all count towards the top 51) that leaves us with about $22 million left. Imagine rolling $20 million over into next years cap ($95 million) plus cap increase amount.

Yes, the rookies’ salaries add no more than $4 mil to the 51, which will be offset when they let ducasse and bodine go. 

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Yes, the rookies’ salaries add no more than $4 mil to the 51, which will be offset when they let ducasse and bodine go. 

Bodine probably goes to camp as insurance.  I've been hoping a FA/Draft pick combination C/G knocks him out as depth.

I can't wait for the day Vlad is cut!

Beane has plenty of dollars for another good FA or to "buy" a player or two from a cap strapped team.

He will have plenty of cash next year to start re-signing keepers and for some specific FA's.

Things are looking good in the money/player department.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bodine probably goes to camp as insurance.  I've been hoping a FA/Draft pick combination C/G knocks him out as depth.

I can't wait for the day Vlad is cut!

Beane has plenty of dollars for another good FA or to "buy" a player or two from a cap strapped team.

He will have plenty of cash next year to start re-signing keepers and for some specific FA's.

Things are looking good in the money/player department.

Long is a C/G, so they probably drop bodine even if long starts at one of the G spots. Bodine offers no flexibility as a backup.