Updated: Salary Cap $32.9 million under 2019 & $75.8 mil under 2020

The $45M remaining in current cap space per Spotrac.com isn't currently accounting for Frank Gore, Kevin Johnson, or Ty Nsekhe, nor is it accounting for the money needed to sign draft picks or sign free agents throughout the year as injuries occur. I'd guess we have more like $20-25M or so at the moment in available cap space if we're talking about signing new free agents right now.

Edited by Tommy

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The $45M remaining in current cap space per Spotrac.com isn't currently accounting for Frank Gore, Kevin Johnson, or Ty Nsekhe, nor is it accounting for the money needed to sign draft picks or sign free agents throughout the year as injuries occur. I'd guess we have more like $20-25M or so at the moment in available cap space if we're talking about signing new free agents right now.

Looking at about $10 million for picks and about $10ish for the remaining three. 

Can we double check the maths? 45 mil -10 for rooks - 10 carry into the season - 7 for Ty - 2 for Gore - 4 for feliciano - 2 for roberts.  Thats 7 left for a contract.  Without cuts to Ivory and Ducasse.  I think enough to get one big contract done but not much more.  The cover 1 guys think its a DL or DE.  I think they are right.

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

Can we double check the maths? 45 mil -10 for rooks - 10 carry into the season - 7 for Ty - 2 for Gore - 4 for feliciano - 2 for roberts.  Thats 7 left for a contract.  Without cuts to Ivory and Ducasse.  I think enough to get one big contract done but not much more.  The cover 1 guys think its a DL or DE.  I think they are right.

There are lots of ways to maneuver around the cap - we have plenty of room

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

There are lots of ways to maneuver around the cap - we have plenty of room

Agreed we can maneuver.  But based on the available cap and the front loaded contracts we've given; do you see us giving out more than one big contract?

Just now, YattaOkasan said:

Agreed we can maneuver.  But based on the available cap and the front loaded contracts we've given; do you see us giving out more than one big contract?

Hell no - we will do 1 if it is right. I don't see us giving up picks

My guess is that we will look to see who gets cut in the coming days/weeks and sign a few value contracts if there is anything worth going after. After that we go into the draft, grab players, make some cuts based on the draft and sign sign other teams post draft cuts. Then we will make sure we have enough numbers for camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Hell no - we will do 1 if it is right. I don't see us giving up picks

My guess is that we will look to see who gets cut in the coming days/weeks and sign a few value contracts if there is anything worth going after. After that we go into the draft, grab players, make some cuts based on the draft and sign sign other teams post draft cuts. Then we will make sure we have enough numbers for camp. 

Agreed.  I just saw some wild numbers being thrown around in the thread.  Wanted to pump the brakes a bit.  As I said I think they can maneuver.  Also thanks for putting this together.

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

Agreed.  I just saw some wild numbers being thrown around in the thread.  Wanted to pump the brakes a bit.  As I said I think they can maneuver.  Also thanks for putting this together.

As of now it is about $10 million for rookies, and I think you are damn close on the other contracts ($7 mill for Ty + $2 mill for Gore + $4mill for feliciano +$2 for Roberts) = is $25 mill projected to be spent. $43 mill - $25 mill = $18 million left. I would expect that we want to roll money forward as well, but everything is dependent on who we want to go after; there is plenty to go around if need be. 

• Like (+1) 1

It is truly incredible what Beane has accomplished in this UFA period.  The "pay as you go" model he has employed has given us incredible flexibility in the coming years, with the "worst" cap hit we'd have next year if we were to cut a newly-signed player (aside from Morse) being Cole Beasley at $4.5m, netting a savings of $2.6m.  If John Brown were to bust, for example, his dead cap number would be $3.2m and net us $6.5m in savings.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2020/

Amazing...

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/12/2019 at 2:05 PM, Foxx said:

we need to save some for next year...

BILLS 2020 CAP TOTALS

yup  they are down to $98 Mil for 2020 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

How does it make sense to roll over money to next year if we are in fact in a projected great cap situation next year? It is not like you are getting interest on cap roll overs. Spend it now and make this season count. Otherwise a foolish waste of resources needed to win.

11 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

It is truly incredible what Beane has accomplished in this UFA period.  The "pay as you go" model he has employed has given us incredible flexibility in the coming years, with the "worst" cap hit we'd have next year if we were to cut a newly-signed player (aside from Morse) being Cole Beasley at $4.5m, netting a savings of $2.6m.  If John Brown were to bust, for example, his dead cap number would be $3.2m and net us $6.5m in savings.

Amazing...

It is outstanding, plus if we really wanted to squeeze other players they can get creative, but if we don't have to they won't. It's nice to have an owner with deep pockets as well

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, simpleman said:

How does it make sense to roll over money to next year if we are in fact in a projected great cap situation next year? It is not like you are getting interest on cap roll overs. Spend it now and make this season count. Otherwise a foolish waste of resources needed to win.

I believe it was sarcasm to roll it over 

but I've been known to be wrong now and then