Updated: Salary Cap $32.9 million under 2019 & $75.8 mil under 2020

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Ansah is making a visit today per Murphy.

? I could be 100% wrong, but I was pretty sure FA's couldn't visit until Wednesday when the League year actually began? 

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This isnt exactly how it works...only the top 51 players count toward the cap right now, so you need to subtract the 6 guys in positions 46-51 from this amount since they got replaced by the aforementioned signings.

This probably will be 2.5-3 millionish which would then be added back to the cap.

People gotta know how this works a little better before tweeting wrongly. Its not just simple math.

So is that more or less? I hate this stuff. 

Edited by whatdrought

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

? I could be 100% wrong, but I was pretty sure FA's couldn't visit until Wednesday when the League year actually began? 

So is that more or less? I hate this stuff. 

Probably 2.5-3 million more than what they are estimating due to this. They are basically double counting positions 46-51 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure,Murphy said it about 15 minutes ago...maybe just scheduled a visit today but not for today?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MattyBills24 said:

We're projected to have over 100 million in cap space next year, the highest in the NFL.

I'm sure that has changed based on the new signings. We shouldn't worry about cap space anyway. I think Beane has earned some trust that he won't screw up the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The Bills could easily add another big contract without hurting the cap situation now and down the road.  They should have about $27-28 million or so left over right now with all 7 players signed and including money needed for picks.  All the contracts are 4 years or shorter.  Wouldn't it be great if we signed Daryl Williams to a 3 year $36 million deal.  It's a big deal but we would still have space leftover and plenty of space next season.

Nsekhe, Dawkins, Morse, Long, Williams, wouldn't that be nice to see.

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This isnt exactly how it works...only the top 51 players count toward the cap right now, so you need to subtract the 6 guys in positions 46-51 from this amount since they got replaced by the aforementioned signings.

This probably will be 2.5-3 millionish which would then be added back to the cap.

People gotta know how this works a little better before tweeting wrongly. Its not just simple math.

Truth - not to mention I think this was calculated before the Nsekhe "signing." It will also need to be adjusted for players cut once FA actually opens up. 

Michael Ginnitti, co-founder/editor of Sportrac was on WGR55 and estimated after all the announced signings we could have approximately $50-50M left based on the way these deals might be structured.  Keep an eye out after the deals are official on their site. 

https://www.spotrac.com/search/results/buffalo/

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Wow!  Could set up to be an even more impressive FA offseason next year due to all the up front money.

That's what I'm talking about!

The flexibility is outstanding - risk is limited, roster is better on paper at least from last year. If everyone performs they are under contract, if not it is easy to pick who stays and who goes with minimal hit

• Like (+1) 4