Updated: Salary Cap $32.9 million under 2019 & $75.8 mil under 2020

Just now, whatdrought said:

Fingers crossed for Daryl Williams, Stefen Wisinewski, and Ziggy Ansah. 

No chance they sign all 3. Not enough cap room, unless they cut some current guys. 

Just now, JPL7 said:

No chance they sign all 3. Not enough cap room, unless they cut some current guys. 

I don't know enough about the cap to know if that's right or not, but I do wonder if it is... We're at about 30 right now after the draft picks. Williams would be in the 10 range (my guess on that because his low market is probably related to that ACL) Wisnewski is probably under 5, and Ansah would be maybe 12-15? I'm probably over simplifying it, but I have found that as soon as anyone thinks they know where a team is limited cap wise, they are wrong.

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I think another OL is coming plus a pass rusher.

If they can get a RT and that pass rusher, that will allow them to fill all their apparent needs and have so much flexibility with that first round pick especially.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think they would be committing 7+ to Ty, if they were going after Daryl Williams.  Also, Brown seems a couple mil to high at 9.  I would have thought he'd come in comparable to the contract Beasley got.  Still plenty of room for a pass rusher, or a guard.  Not sold on Teller and Long.

This isnt exactly how it works...only the top 51 players count toward the cap right now, so you need to subtract the 6 guys in positions 46-51 from this amount since they got replaced by the aforementioned signings.

This probably will be 2.5-3 millionish which would then be added back to the cap.

People gotta know how this works a little better before tweeting wrongly. Its not just simple math.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2