FBI accuses wealthy parents, including celebrities Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, in college-entrance bribery scheme

dpberr

Imagine being such a dull bulb that mom and dad had to resort to:

"Huffman is accused of paying $15,000 — disguised as a charitable donation — to the Key Worldwide Foundation so her oldest daughter could participate in the scam. A confidential informant told investigators that he advised Huffman he could arrange for a third party to correct her daughter's answers on the SAT after she took it. She ended up scoring a 1420 — 400 points higher than she had gotten on a PSAT taken a year earlier, according to court documents."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-entrance-exam-cheating

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/college-admissions-cheating-felicity-huffman-lori-loughlin/index.html

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Imagine being such a dull bulb that mom and dad had to resort to...

Should have just learned how to play football for a Division I school.

Good to see that us ‘common folk’ haven’t cornered the market on underachieving children.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

45 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Should have just learned how to play football for a Division I school.

Good to see that us ‘common folk’ haven’t cornered the market on underachieving children.

If you're the child, I'm not sure what's worse:

1.  Your parents get busted by the FBI with your demostrated mediocre intellect used as evidence against them;

2.  You had no idea any of this happened and your parents made the decision to risk imprisonment to get you ahead seeing your chances doing it by yourself were so slim. 

I'd like to know how these kids are actually doing in college once they got there.  

Yale:  "We have no idea why William H. Macy's bright child has a 1.9GPA this semester.  She scored a 1420 on her SAT and she was highly recommended by 50 teachers, a couple poet laureates, a few PHDs and a physicist."

Edited by dpberr

Admissions to elite available schools have always been three equals parts:

legacies and

academic achievement and

set-asides like athletes or drama or art or quotas and whatever else they want to let in 

this is a third category story.  As always best wishes to those who have a brain and want to   use it in life, you are already in the minority week one on campus

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.