Talent vs Multiple low level players?

Who would you rather have?   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Talent or Borderline players

• AB or Bell
    • Beasley, John Brown, and Gore

Just now, 100DollarBills said:

I’m not sorry. I don’t settle for mediocrity. We will just repeat the same old BS and then blame Allen if he isn’t successful. Just get him real talent. 

Well it's a good thing your not a gm because you've got no ***** clue what you're talking about.

3 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I’d rather hate our guys and win. 

Ouch - your poll is not going well.

Lots of mid level talent has a bigger impact than 1 top end player at most positions - especially WR, RB, and TE.

If we are talking QB - give me the top player over multiple mid level QBs, but most other positions- give me the many over the one.

18 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

To some extent it does, but we aren’t doing Allen any favors with the likes of John Brown, Beasley, and Kroft. I feel really bad for Allen. 

One great WR or RB does not make the whole offense. The Bills are doing Allen a favor by trying to improve the Oline and give him guys that can get open. Brown, Beasley, and Kroft are all productive players. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Ouch - your poll is not going well.

Lots of mid level talent has a bigger impact than 1 top end player at most positions - especially WR, RB, and TE.

If we are talking QB - give me the top player over multiple mid level QBs, but most other positions- give me the many over the one.

It’s not surprising really. These are the same Bill homers that would support a sack of dog vomit. This is why top players refuse to play here. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe we should be like the Patriots? Adam Schefter just gave them a tongue bath for being the only team NOT to have signed anyone. Genius!

They don’t need to because they are a well oiled machine. Something the Bills should aspire to be. If we didn’t suck at drafting, maybe someday. 

27 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Draft and develop your elite players. Antonio Brown was a mid round pick.

You still have to sign some FAs. It's part of the system

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 100DollarBills said:

They don’t need to because they are a well oiled machine. Something the Bills should aspire to be. If we didn’t suck at drafting, maybe someday. 

I see someone wants Schefter's job.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I see someone wants Schefter's job.

I just want the Bills to be successful and win. I’m tired of half baked players and struggling to compete. 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I agree....Bills are filling in spots and hopefully building a core of young players when drafting

We suck at drafting, and we can’t land top players via trade or FA. It’s a formula for 8-8. 

Just now, 100DollarBills said:

I just want the Bills to be successful and win. I’m tired of half baked players and struggling to compete. 

What did you think when the Bills signed Hyde and Power? Most here thought it was scraping the barrel. Poyer? He played for the Browns. He must suck! None of us are full time NFL personnel people. So let's see how things work out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

We suck at drafting, and we can’t land top players via trade or FA. It’s a formula for 8-8. 

Beane has had 1 draft and did ok....We think we finally have a QB.....FA should be used to fill in spots.....I think we improved the team from last season

49 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Multiple average players is why we are perpetually 7-9 or 9-7 

I was thinking about the free agents that the Bills are expected to sign this year and it seems to me the Bills are building an average team. Maybe these average players will become stars and the Bills will contend for a Super Bowl. I guess it's theoretically possible. The Bills have always been able to sign and overpay free agents, but the point is to make the team better by doing so. Sadly, history shows the failures far outnumber the successes for the Bills in this area.

• Like (+1) 1