Feels like we will get one of the top TEs in draft now...

Hebert19

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

We still need a TE pass catcher and now that we have addressed WR I'm guessing we get one of the top TEs now in 2nd.   Thoughts?  That would put us in a great position for Allen. 

What will put us in a great position for Allen is if we get significantly more protection for him.  Weapons aren't worth much if they can't be utilized efficiently.

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

We still need a TE pass catcher and now that we have addressed WR I'm guessing we get one of the top TEs now in 2nd.   Thoughts?  That would put us in a great position for Allen. 

Was just gonna post bout this, I'd be thrilled if we somehow land one of top 3. Also have a gut feeling on 1 wr(Hakeem Butler)

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

What will put us in a great position for Allen is if we get significantly more protection for him.  Weapons aren't worth much if they can't be utilized efficiently.

Agree.  But with center covered and long competing at guard we are a tackle I'm the first away from solid.  Trade back take a tackle and tight end early. 

It depends on how many more guys they sign before the draft, if any.  I could see them drafting Edge at 9, Tackle at 40, then TE in 3rd-4th personally.  Croom still has upside, Kroft can be the #1 TE and bring along a young prospect or two.

If they can land Daryl Williams, then I could definitely see them going TE earlier than later.

Feels to me that we’ll be fortifyng the lines.  Dilliard or Taylor (if he’s there) or Oliver/DT or pass rusher if we don’t sign ansah. 

Ansah and Williams being the wildcard.  If we sign one, cross pass rusher or RT off the list.  

Kudos to beane.

I will be surprised/disappointed if the Bills don't draft a TE in the first 3 rounds.  There's still only 2 on the roster, and the money they gave to Kroft probably precludes another significant FA at the position.  (I do think they'll sign at least 1 more FA, but it'll be more of a 1 year deal close to the vet minimum.)  

I'd be okay with a TE at #9, although I don't think there's any worth the pick this year.  I'd be thrilled with one of Hockenson/Irv Smith/Fant either at #40 or in the 1st after a trade down.

Absolutely... we signed 2 Centers... one of whom will likely be a starting Guard.  We signed our RT in the guy from Washington.  I think Teller is our other Guard and even though Dawkins isn't great, I think he still sits as one of our starting Tackles.

WRs are upgraded with Brown and Beasely and hopefully the improvement of both Zay and Foster.

RBs are covered even if they're almost in wheelchairs.

We added one TE, which gives us 2 on our roster now, but neither are difference makers.

I think one of the top 2 TEs--Fant or Hockenson--are our targets.

I can't help but think they will take a front 7 defensive player with the 1st pick, now. It feels like they are hedging their bets everywhere else, knowing that is the strength at the top of the draft..

There doesn't seem to be good value at WR/TE at 9. And while I would love an elite O-lineman, I think they are taking a different approach there, and just trying to raise the overall talent level.

We shall see, they may even trade down, and that would open up all kinds of options.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 1