Safe to say at Pick #9, we are focused on OL/DL

DL yes, but I disagree on OL.  The Bills have signed a C, a C/G, and an LT/RT in free agency.  I think that Dawkins stays at LT, Nsekhe starts at RT, Morse at C, and Long at one of the G spots.  And between guys returning from last year and dumpster-dive free agents, the Bills can probably find a "good enough" starter at the last G spot.  In any case, I don't think there's any guards rated high enough to take in the top 10 this year?  

I think it's looking like either premier DL - either edge or interior rusher - or trade down.  TE is the wildcard, but I think (hope) that the Bills would only go TE in the first after a trade down.  Greedy Williams would be the other wildcard if he's there.  Anything else would surprise me.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I think they're focused on adding the best player at a premium position (WR, pass rusher, CB, LT)

This. People get hung up on BPA, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't a DT, Edge or OT.

They may end up taking Hock but not at 9 IMHO.

Hockenson has to be the pick if he is there. no brainer really. He is the closest thing to Gronk we've seen so far. Give our potential franchise QB his franchise TE. 

Not only is he a dominant pass catcher but he is an incredible blocker, i guarantee he can run block better then half of our Oline last season. We have all of next offseason to fix our defense. our main concern right now should be getting Josh Allen as much help as humanly possible. 

this is 2019, DT's don't win you games. Dominant TE's do. 

Edited by XABI64

8 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

The 6 million dollar backup TE?

They may roll with more than Kroft and Croom on the roster I think.

6 mil is around middle of the pack money, is a bit front-loaded, and only 3 years. Kroft is coming off of injury too.

Pretty deep TE talent this draft so it is not a stretch to think they will grab another to develop.

If they do, I think it would be in the later rounds so probably no Hock for us.

Maybe they will shock me, but it will be hard for McDermott to pass on some of the elite defensive talent available early this draft.

I dont think it is a forgone conclusion that Buffalo will be going that direction. However, the board may pretty much play out where the BPA is an OL/DL.

I mean if any of

Taylor

Williams 

Dillard 

Oliver

Sweat

Burns

Are available, which I highly doubt all those guys are infact gone, Buffalo is going to be in a great position. They could even make a case got Greedy/Murphy and really hone in on bolstering this D in any way possible.

5 minutes ago, foreboding said:

TJ Hockenson if he is there please. He is one of the few truly elite skill guys in this class. Draft and TE done for a decade.

Hock is arguably one of the better all around players in the draft. Still young yet too at 21, redshirt sophomore. Have to imagine the ceiling is pretty high on a kid who has accomplished so much, while not being the sole focus of the offense.

I absolutely think Hock should be in consideration. However, I am speaking from a great deal of bias. I also think any of the OL/DL would be ideal as well.

• Like (+1) 1