Safe to say at Pick #9, we are focused on OL/DL

If we don’t sign Daryl Williams, I pray we draft Taylor (doubt he’s there now) or Dilliard.  We need to upgrade the tackle position or adding all these WRs is useless.  

If we sign Williams, go Oliver or best pass rusher.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Best. Player. Available 

Josh Jacobs?

The TE in this offensive scheme isn't valued high more of a vertical game. If they stay at 9 Christian Wilkins.  But I believe trades are coming zay Jones and maybe Hughes. Hughes is a good player but a great player in a wide 9 defense. That's not what McDermott runs. Zay Jones is a better fit in a horizontal passing game.  Ziggy anash fits better with McDermotts scheme, more of a power rusher and if they land him Hughes will be traded. 

You have five guys listed as realistic Bills picks at #9.  If Buffalo drops to say the middle of round one in a trade with Washington, odds are still excellent that one or more on that list of five will still be on the board.

One name you don't have on your trade down list is Jeffery Simmons.  I'm not ruling him out in that I don't think that the incident for which he earned notoriety 3+ years ago, before he went to college, is reflective of who he is.  If the Bills do their due diligence, I think they might agree.

Edited by TigerJ

I say b/c so many C can play G so why not pick up Paradis now, then Juwain Taylor in the 1st, and do what it takes to move up to get one of the stud TE’s.  I hear people saying we need big WR’s, but the Pats way a few years ago was two stud TE’s, even though one was a murderer.

After, grab a pass rusher, RB, and just the BPA afterwards.

17 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

The TE in this offensive scheme isn't valued high more of a vertical game. If they stay at 9 Christian Wilkins.  But I believe trades are coming zay Jones and maybe Hughes. Hughes is a good player but a great player in a wide 9 defense. That's not what McDermott runs. Zay Jones is a better fit in a horizontal passing game.  Ziggy anash fits better with McDermotts scheme, more of a power rusher and if they land him Hughes will be traded. 

Hughes led the league in pressures.  What does "great" look like?

I'd love to see a stud DL get picked up at 9. Another force off the edge opposite Hughes or a someone carving up the middle now that Kyle is gone would be a big help to the defense. 

I like what they're doing, grabbing guys on offense through FA that should be able to help right away and then ideally build up depth and maybe one impact guy (probably on D) from the draft. 

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1