Can we please put the "Bills can't recruit FAs" narrative to bed now?

Logic

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I can barely walk outside without seeing a guy wearing a "Mitch Morse" jersey at the supermarket.

You're right. Only players whose names are on jersey are necessary to build a good team.

What a silly comment.

• Like (+1) 2

The problem you are confusing yourself with is we can't sign top end talent …… Mainly because most top end talent prefer to live in a more diverse city , a legitimate QB , Sorry bills fans The NFL don't see Josh as nothing more than a blake bortles , . the cole beastys , john browns of the world is a waste of money 

1 minute ago, liverpoolkev said:

The problem you are confusing yourself with is we can't sign top end talent …… Mainly because most top end talent prefer to live in a more diverse city , a legitimate QB , Sorry bills fans The NFL don't see Josh as nothing more than a blake bortles , . the cole beastys , john browns of the world is a waste of money 

^this guy :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

You're right. Only players whose names are on jersey are necessary to build a good team.

What a silly comment.

We aren't talking about "necessary to build a good team."  A good long snapper is "necessary." That doesn't make it a marquee signing. 

Try to pay attention.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:
I realize that not all of the Bills' signings have been marquee guys.

That's ? The ? Whole ? Point ?

I don't really care that Buffalo isn't a premier destination because you almost always overpay for "marquee" players, but you either don't understand the argument or deliberately undermined your point in the first sentence.  Did anyone really suggest that the team literally couldn't sign free agents?

If you really can't understand this, look into how everyone, including Antonio Brown, reacted to the possibility that he would become a Bill.

12 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

We signed mid level FAs but a super star WR spit in our face.

So no.

So, who exactly said that AB spit in our face?  Seems to me that all the people involved say the Bills walked away.  The only ones saying otherwise are pundits who are making assumptions, not stating facts.  And guess what, these guy depend on clicks and hot takes to remain relevant.  Saying AB refused is a much more attractive story line for them.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, fridge said:

That's ? The ? Whole ? Point ?

I don't really care that Buffalo isn't a premier destination because you almost always overpay for "marquee" players, but you either don't understand the argument or deliberately undermined your point in the first sentence.  Did anyone really suggest that the team literally couldn't sign free agents?

If you really can't understand this, look into how everyone, including Antonio Brown, reacted to the possibility that he would become a Bill.

Nice clap emojis, I guess?

By the way, who says the Bills even WENT AFTER the marquee guys?

They've been saying all along that they were going to spend judiciously in free agency. Nothing about Beane's history or comments suggested he was going to go after the biggest fish in the pond.

Am I just supposed to assume that because he didn't sign Le'Veon Bell or Landon Collins, that it means he tried to and they both said no?

Talk about assumptions fueled by Napoleon complex.

Sheesh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I have to say it’s nice that they are all offensive players.  Beane is true to his word and our BPA flexibility in the draft keeps getting better

Which is huge. Hughes is coming due next year, Shaq is up, Murphy is ? BPA and flexibility is what is needed. Good roster building right now imo

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

To answer the question, no. Anddthe reason is there are some folks in this board who want to see the Bills fail.  And we all know it.

Exactly. There are people here who'd rather be miserable than see the Bills succeed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

I realize that not all of the Bills' signings have been marquee guys. Nevertheless, we're on day two of the tampering period and they've already signed quite a few helpful players. And none of them are super overpaid, either (at least not more than the usual free agency slight over-valuation). There aren't any deals in there that make your jaw drop.

So enough with the "Wah, no one wants to come to Buffalo!" narrative.

As always, money talks and B.S. walks.

I'm guessing the showed these players highlights of Josh Allens last few games this past season. That would be an incentive to play here.

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I have to say it’s nice that they are all offensive players.  Beane is true to his word and our BPA flexibility in the draft keeps getting better

well except for K Johnson ;)

But yes, it is nice to see Beane addressing our massive holes somewhat in this round of FA.  Now draft well next month, and we’re cooking with gas!

Just now, Logic said:

Nice clap emojis, I guess?

By the way, who says the Bills even WENT AFTER the marquee guys?

They've been saying all along that they were going to spend judiciously in free agency. Nothing about Beane's history or comments suggested he was going to go after the biggest fish in the pond.

Am I just supposed to assume that because he didn't sign Le'Veon Bell or Landon Collins, that it means he tried to and they both said no?

Talk about assumptions fueled by Napoleon complex.

Sheesh.

They did go after a marquee guy.  His name is Mitch Morse.  They needed a C.  They went after the best one.  They landed him Day One. 

They also threw their hat in the ring to TRADE for a WR- another position of need, and pulled out when they decided he was way too expensive and a nut job.  I guess I don't really get the whole narrative.  Obviously no one really wants to live in Buffalo, but we sign guys- marquee or otherwise- all the time.  I think the argument SHOULD be sort of the converse: the Bills can't sign the free agents that they truly want.  The Bills have repeatedly proven that they can sign free agents that they want.

• Thank you (+1) 3