Can we please put the "Bills can't recruit FAs" narrative to bed now?

Logic

I realize that not all of the Bills' signings have been marquee guys. Nevertheless, we're on day two of the tampering period and they've already signed quite a few helpful players. And none of them are super overpaid, either (at least not more than the usual free agency slight over-valuation). There aren't any deals in there that make your jaw drop.

So enough with the "Wah, no one wants to come to Buffalo!" narrative.

As always, money talks and B.S. walks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Logic said:

I realize that not all of the Bills' signings have been marquee guys. Nevertheless, we're on day two of the tampering period and they've already signed quite a few helpful players. And none of them are super overpaid, either (at least not more than the usual free agency slight over-valuation). There aren't any deals in there that make your jaw drop.

only a few bring it up....players only have so many options....Buffalo is one of them

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

We signed mid level FAs but a super star WR spit in our face.

So no.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

We signed mid level FAs but a super star WR spit in our face.

So no.

The most recent reporting suggests that it was Beane that walked away due to contract demands, but ok.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

[Klemko] NFL players’ Top 5 free agency destinations, according to their agents: 1. Dallas 2. Seattle 3. Miami 4. L.A. Rams 5. Atlanta Bottom 5: 1. Buffalo 2. Oakland* 3. Cincinnati 4. Detroit 5. Cleveland *Vegas move will change things, respondents said.

We can but we have to overpay a bit. City and franchise history matter but cash talks.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The most recent reporting suggests that it was Beane that walked away due to contract demands, but ok.

Suuuuure.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

That was not the question...the question was whether we can sign free agents which we obviously can.

The question was "can we put the narrative to rest."

I said no.

While I think that narrative is a bit overblown, I also think its fair to look at the franchise's history with marquee FAs and recognize that they're really only ever landed one.

Today and yesterday have been exciting, but I don't see any of these guys -- perhaps with the exception of Morse (who still has injury questions) as any different from past years. I think the easy way to look at it is -- what would the LA Rams, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears, etc. have offered guys like Brown or Beasley -- I think the clear answer is less. So while this season has perhaps been moving the needle in the right direction, I don't think that narrative is completely false, either.

Just now, glazeduck said:

While I think that narrative is a bit overblown, I also think its fair to look at the franchise's history with marquee FAs and recognize that they're really only ever landed one.

Today and yesterday have been exciting, but I don't see any of these guys -- perhaps with the exception of Morse (who still has injury questions) as any different from past years. I think the easy way to look at it is -- what would the LA Rams, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears, etc. have offered guys like Brown or Beasley -- I think the clear answer is less. So while this season has perhaps been moving the needle in the right direction, I don't think that narrative is completely false, either.

They've landed more than 1. Mario Williams type UFAs are also rare.

4 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

The signing of Cole Beasley does not "put the narrative to bed"

LOL    someone was VERY fast with Wikki  

Cole Dickson Beasley is an American football wide receiver for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. He was signed by the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He played college football at Southern Methodist University.